Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2006, 07:57 AM

Default Re: Stupid Dealer Trick #143

This thread does seem to have become something of a reading comprehension test (or a test of my skills as a non-fiction writer--I think I'm earning about a C- here).

One little hint to you who are making comments about the wonderful gift to the table that the $15 raiser was... *I KNOW*. That's partly the point. NOBODY at the table had said anything to Kansas about his constant raises--we were happily enjoying what was going on and didn't want to call attention to it. The dealer made the guy's constant raises the center of attention by doing this. It's bad enough when fellow players tap the aquarium, it's totally bogus when a dealer does it.

As games were breaking up and we were down to 5-handed and the other table was 4-handed, the floor came over and said we could move to the front table if we'd like a full game. It was unanimous--we were NOT moving. No way were were going to share Kansas with that other table, or risk him racking up and leaving during the move. Alas, the front table apparently did not want to play 4-handed, so they came and joined us.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets see if I have this straight, the guy has limped in 3 times in a row for 5* BB and you just limp in not taking that into account.... Hmmmmmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]
I vote for Option G: You are an idiot.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mark me in the minority column, because I think you guys are making too big a thing out of this. The guy was going to make it $15 anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because Kansas was okay with calling $15 doesn't mean he would have raised it on that hand. The dealer changed the pre-flop action...that's wrong.