Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Realized I\'ve had OCD most of my life,Ask me anything about having OCD

I’d say I’m an average white, American, 20 year old college student. I like to party, chase girls, be involved in athletics, and other things “normal” kids my age like to do.
My friends always joke about how I have OCD. This self diagnosed case of OCD isn’t as bad as the cases they showed on MTV’s “True Life: I have OCD.”
The more I think about it, I remember more and more things I used to do when I was younger that where obsessive compulsive.

If you want to read on, here are a few things that would classify me as OCD:

When I was younger I was labeled as a pack-rat. I somewhat remember what I used to do. I recall keeping things of no value thinking that I had to keep them. I would keep things from sticks, to rocks, to wrappers. I had shoe boxes full of these “treasures.” “One’s man junk is another man’s treasure.” I’m not sure how long I went through that stage, but I think it was during my early elementary days.

During junior high school, I don’t really recall doing anything obsessively compulsive. Well, expect I remember I would always have to make the first and lst shot of each basketball session I had. If someone would hit my ball out of the way on my first shot I remember it would irritate me for some reason.. Also, when we where done with practice/pickup game or whatever it was, I would always have to make my last shot for some reason. I’d just try and make sure to do a simple lay-up at the end or I would feel irritated for some reason.

During my first year of college, I remember if I would be wearing a hoody, I’d always use it to open doors so my hand wouldn’t come in direct contact with the handles. At the time I had a girlfriend and she probably wondered why I always did this. We never really talked about it at all.

After I use a public restroom, before I wash my hands I’ll release some paper towels so that when I’m done washing my hands, I’ll use the paper towel to shut off the water and to sometimes open the bathroom door so I don’t have to directly touch it with my bear hand. I still do that to this day. I’m not quite as bad as Leonardo in the “Aviator.” “Show me the blueprints.” Lol, me and my roommates always joke about that.

Another thing that I found my self doing starting last fall semester was: In my school notebook I’ll write my name on the upper left hand corner, class underlined in the middle of the paper, and then my name, class, and date in the upper right hand of the page on every single pager. This is pointless because I know who I am and it’s kinda obvious what subject it is since the previous pages are the same subject. Last semester a girl in my math class was giving my [censored] for doing that. That made me realize it was pointless and I need to quick. I sometimes still do it, but not as much. Makes me wonder what the difference is between perfection and OCD, and the difference between superstition and OCD.

My ex-girlfriend had a dual light switch that controlled a light on a stair case. I remember always thinking that I should go up or down the stairs and make the light switch “right” for the light to be on. I never physically did it but I always thought about it. If the switch was “right” it would be no big deal, but if it wasn’t it made me want to go up or down the stairs and make it “right.” There was a girl on True Life: I have OCD who did this.

I pre-wrote this in class with a mechanical pencil and found my self repeatedly clicking and counting in my head and the while still holding the “click” in I would push into my thumb. Why do I do this?

My ex-girlfriends sister would always give me [censored] me [censored] for “clicking and flicking” since I would always make the motion and snapping noise of packing a can of chew with both of my hands. I would do this at random for no reason.

I am also no for clicking a mouse many times for no reason. I did this while helping her and I do it while playing poker, I’m not so bad at all now.

One other thing, every time I would enter my ex-girlfriends apartment I would reach up and touch the ceiling while raising my right leg in an almost slow butt-kick motion. They finally noticed I did this every time and gave me [censored] for it.

So, ask me anything about having a self diagnosed case of OCD.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Realized I\'ve had OCD most of my life,Ask me anything about having OCD

[ QUOTE ]
After I use a public restroom, before I wash my hands I’ll release some paper towels so that when I’m done washing my hands, I’ll use the paper towel to shut off the water and to sometimes open the bathroom door so I don’t have to directly touch it with my bear hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is simply genius.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:51 PM

Default Re: Realized I\'ve had OCD most of my life,Ask me anything about having OCD

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After I use a public restroom, before I wash my hands I’ll release some paper towels so that when I’m done washing my hands, I’ll use the paper towel to shut off the water and to sometimes open the bathroom door so I don’t have to directly touch it with my bear hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is simply genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I don't have OCD?
Old 03-15-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 03-15-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Realized I\'ve had OCD most of my life,Ask me anything about having

Verdict: not OCD.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMFG YOU GOT A BEAR HAND? luckyyyy
Old 03-15-2007, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is simply genius.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I don't have OCD?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't want to use me as a baseline; I'm on psych meds.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:09 PM

Germaphobe!

Ever see that Seinfeld where Elaine rubs her ass on her boss's keyboard and coughs on the doorknob cause the other girl is a germaphobe. That was great.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Germaphobe!

Ever see that Seinfeld where Elaine rubs her ass on her boss's keyboard and coughs on the doorknob cause the other girl is a germaphobe. That was great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really a germaphobe. I'm currently typing with hands licked by a dog that drank out of the neighbor's toilet.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:25 PM

Trust me, you don't have ocd. If you do it is the mildest of the mild.