Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Dexter 203

[ QUOTE ]
I spoiled myself by watching the entire first season on demand in 2 nights. Now I can't stand the weekly wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL - Same here.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:47 PM

This is really the only way to watch TV nowadays. I can't even stand to watch anything that isn't Tivo'd save sports.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree that Dexter is currently the best show on TV that being said it's competition is very bad and in when the new seasons come out it will be worse than The Wire, The Shield and LOST.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Wire, maybe, but IMO it is much better than both The Shield and LOST which the last season for both wasn't as good as the 1st season of Dex.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. The Shield is still very good, but no longer as good as Dexter IMO. Never seen Lost, but hard to believe a major network show can a handle. A lot of people really seem to like it though and it has been popular for a long time now, so maybe I should break down and watch season 1 sometime.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was about to put in brackets next to The Shield (probably not if the season can keep up this pace)
LOST is still very good. Part of the hate for last season of LOST was really high expectations (see South Park threads) and people want everything solved. It's also hard since LOST has 72 episodes while Dexter has 15.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:10 AM

Dexter is also my fav show at the moment, though this episode wasn't that great imo. well i shouldn't say not that great because it was still great, but just average compared to other episodes. kind've felt like a 'filler' episode to me i dunno. maybe because the first two got off to such a fast pace. also, this was the first time i've watched it without having another episode ready to go right after. I was interested in the girl from the addiction meeting though, not sure where that is going. My girlfriend thinks she is a sex addict.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dexter is also my fav show at the moment, though this episode wasn't that great imo. well i shouldn't say not that great because it was still great, but just average compared to other episodes. kind've felt like a 'filler' episode to me i dunno. maybe because the first two got off to such a fast pace. also, this was the first time i've watched it without having another episode ready to go right after. I was interested in the girl from the addiction meeting though, not sure where that is going. My girlfriend thinks she is a sex addict.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the previews it looks like Dexter shows her all his bodies in the next episode. Do you think he admits to her that he killed them, or just showing her his line of work?

Old 10-19-2007, 01:45 PM

For those of you talking about watching The Wire - Seriously, go for it. I'd say it's easily a top-5 show of all time. It's really that good.

[ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend thinks she is a sex addict.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would a sex addict be at a Narcotics Anonymous meeting? They have their own meetings (unless she has multiple addictions).

My brother has a weird theory about the girl.

His theory is that she's actually another serial killer, who, just like Dexter, hunts killers. And she's managed to track Dexter down now that his bodies have surfaced. She doesn't know yet that he only goes after killers but eventually there will be a reveal that parallels the one with Dexter's brother last season and they may or may not "team-up" as soul mates.

Seems a little far fetched (an awful lot of serial killers running around) but maybe...
Old 10-19-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those of you talking about watching The Wire - Seriously, go for it. I'd say it's easily a top-5 show of all time. It's really that good.

[ QUOTE ]
My girlfriend thinks she is a sex addict.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would a sex addict be at a Narcotics Anonymous meeting? They have their own meetings (unless she has multiple addictions).

My brother has a weird theory about the girl.

His theory is that she's actually another serial killer, who, just like Dexter, hunts killers. And she's managed to track Dexter down now that his bodies have surfaced. She doesn't know yet that he only goes after killers but eventually there will be a reveal that parallels the one with Dexter's brother last season and they may or may not "team-up" as soul mates.

Seems a little far fetched (an awful lot of serial killers running around) but maybe...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what my first thought was when she talks to Dex over coffee.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is what my first thought was when she talks to Dex over coffee.

[/ QUOTE ] Yea. The way she talks she seems way more evil than doing some drugs. Im not sure shes a serial killer though.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Wire is by far and away, the best show that is currently on TV.Dexter, however, is an awesome show as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-19-2007, 06:52 PM

Is there a theorem that states the odds of talking about the wire in a tv thread approaches 1 as post count gets increased. Pretty much Godwins law.