Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Have not made a decision looking for advice

I had every right to dispute these charges. The site has been cheating through its owners at poker. I dont know how many people did it or if it even happened to me but they were caught cheating. How moral is that?
Old 11-18-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had every right to dispute these charges. The site has been cheating through its owners at poker. I dont know how many people did it or if it even happened to me but they were caught cheating. How moral is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

So 2 Wrongs make a Right?
Old 11-18-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I admit it I went nuts. I found my husbands online poker account and went crazy with blackjack. I lost 3k.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should see a doctor about this part.

[ QUOTE ]
they will not release my money unless I send a picture of every credit card I used (front and back) My drive's licence (front and back) and bank statemtns from each credit card. Maybe this is fair and normal. I dont like it!

[/ QUOTE ]

It is fairly standard procedure for any financial transactions like this to require identification.

Apart from anything else, this helps to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing and the like.

[ QUOTE ]
My thought is why not dispute the charges (on my credit card) saying the merchant will not give me back my money that is mine.

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be wrong. Your merchant isn't refusing to give back the money, but merely asking you to comply with the relevant international financial regulations.

[ QUOTE ]
Ive disputed charges with a gambling site and my bank backed me up all the way. I told them that the charges were not made by myself and they were back in my account within three weeks. The gamblinbg site will try and pursue this but just tell them your card was stollen they cant do very much.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a thief. You should go to gaol.

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea how they dont know it was my husband playing but I assume the problem is that it was my credit card that was used. I just feel frustraded they had no problem letting me deposit but then they have "rules" for the withdrawal. My husband is really against me disputing anything because the account is in his name.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has nothing to do with your husband as an individual. These rules apply to everyone.

[ QUOTE ]
To me the online site seems dishonest take my money but not giving it back unless I basically give them my identity.. Am I the first person to feel this way?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not the first person to feel this way. Many poker sites communicate poorly.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, you do not have every right to dispute these charges because they were legitimate.

You would not need to lie like a lying liar that lies and claim that your card was stolen if it was not.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I came on here hoping several would tell me.. [snip]..I am in the right

I was wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does not compute. You want people to tell you that you were right, despite admitting you were wrong?
Old 11-18-2007, 09:30 PM

What im supposed to get cheated and just take it.
Ive played many sites and lost without even bothering.
This to me was unacceptable,i didnt need the money back i just dont like being cheated its hard enough to win without being cheated aswell.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What im supposed to get cheated and just take it.
Ive played many sites and lost without even bothering.
This to me was unacceptable,i didnt need the money back i just dont like being cheated its hard enough to win without being cheated aswell.

[/ QUOTE ]

What site was this?

How were you cheated?
Old 11-18-2007, 10:33 PM

It was Absolute poker im sure you've heard of the way the cheated by seeing peoples hole cards. Now i have no idea if i was cheated anywhere down the road playing there but they have 100% been caught cheating on the site.
Its imoral and i believe everyone that ever played there should contact there banks and send this company bankrupt.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It was Absolute poker im sure you've heard of the way the cheated by seeing peoples hole cards. Now i have no idea if i was cheated anywhere down the road playing there but they have 100% been caught cheating on the site.
Its imoral and i believe everyone that ever played there should contact there banks and send this company bankrupt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Its great how you try to justify stealing.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was Absolute poker im sure you've heard of the way the cheated by seeing peoples hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Given that I created the website that maintained the pressure on AP to come clean about their cheating, yes, I am aware of it.

[ QUOTE ]
Now i have no idea if i was cheated anywhere down the road playing there but they have 100% been caught cheating on the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

You previously claimed that you were certain that you had been cheated. This no longer seems true.

The cheaters appear to have only been playing at high stakes. From the tone of your posts, I assume you have not been playing at such levels.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how you can claim with a straight face that:
a) AP acted immorally

and

b) therefore, you should act immorally.

Surely, if morality was an important issue to you, you would not behave this way.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:31 AM

AP has BJ? Plus why would seeing hole cards in BJ matter?