Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2007, 03:49 PM

Default NL50: AJs on button gets TPWK, how many times did I butcher this hand

Did I get anything right at all here? I'll try and explain what I was doing.

Villain was 24/9 over about 30 hands.

Poker Room skin
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
10 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $10.00
UTG+1: $55.40
UTG+2: $32.00
MP1: $46.00
MP2: $70.10
MP3: $55.15
CO: $51.10
Button: $33.70
Hero: $78.15
BB: $49.50

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
7 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $1.5</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Felt like I should 3bet but chickened out.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $2.5</font>, Hero calls.

I didn't really know what to do here on this horrible flop, so I just called and hoped. Probably a leak.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($8.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, Button calls.

Thinking that if he calls, maybe I have given myself just about enough odds for the flush draw, maybe have to make a little on the river. Probably would have called most reraises. Is a c/call here better?

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($18.5, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, Button calls.

Decided to set a stop loss here, strictly b/f. Should I have bet bigger? Is this a c/f?

Results:
Final pot: $28.5
Old 10-02-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Re: NL50: AJs on button gets TPWK, how many times did I butcher this

I think you good it quite right, you have been too passive IMO during this hand.
First, I think you should've raised PF. He opens with a raise from the button, this could be ATC, at least it must not be a premium hand. Maybe you could end that hand right there.
On the flop, I have to disagree with you saying it is horrible. In fact, you turned TPGK, gut shot straight and backdoor FD while villain could have anything here, even total crap. Therefore you should either donk this flop or go for a c/r, whatever you do definetely show some strength here.
Rest of the hand is pretty ok, though it would've of course developed completely different with more aggression PF and on flop.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: NL50: AJs on button gets TPWK, how many times did I butcher this

You have very good hand against the stealer and button raise looks steal to me. I would reraise preflop. As played, lead the flop or check-raise it.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: NL50: AJs on button gets TPWK, how many times did I butcher this hand

Yeah preflop is probably a 3 bet, but other than that I think you did OK.

I might have checked the turn though, at this point we don't really know how much he likes his hand as we check/called and he could still have just about anything even though the flop is pretty scary for a CB.

If he checks behind then we can bet the river and maybe get called by a second or third pair or whatever.

If he bets, he might bet alot hands that he might not call our bet with and if he has a monster then we don't get raised off our hand.

As played I think I like the small VB on the river. Hard to belive he was on a pure draw though not impossible, probably would give up if he was, he probably has ace-rag or KQ or something and will check behind. He will probably only raise with a straight and maybe a set.