Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 08:36 PM

Default Re: The Revolution - Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I may lynch Kristie or Cin on principle this game if I think they are getting a free pass. LC and I are strangely on the same wavelength. The flirting doesn't weird me out, except to the extent that I assume everyone on the internet is a dude until proven otherwise. It is more that I can see one or both of them float four or five days on flirtation alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, well... that takes research. However, I did go to bgg.con and I'm in some pics posted by other users from the con... but quick search probably could have told you that. Anyway, flirting is just in my nature... it doesn't bother my husband, why does it bother you?
Old 11-26-2007, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
after a reread i could also vote lastchance, but im not sure i can articulate why, except to say that some of his posts remind me of things i might write if i were an evil/wolf/whatever term we're using.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be cautious of lastchance that way, though. He has been the single most suspicious player in POG since the day he first moved in.

In fact, you and he are kind of soulmates.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol one day when we're not in a game someone needs to tell me why im so suspicious.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
after a reread i could also vote lastchance, but im not sure i can articulate why, except to say that some of his posts remind me of things i might write if i were an evil/wolf/whatever term we're using.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be cautious of lastchance that way, though. He has been the single most suspicious player in POG since the day he first moved in.

In fact, you and he are kind of soulmates.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol one day when we're not in a game someone needs to tell me why im so suspicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

people are too lazy to have player specific reads

i.e. the read i have on VR would not work on a lot of other people
Old 11-26-2007, 08:38 PM

I think it's your grammar. Plus, I dunno, I don't see your thought process much.

Pplz take werewolfz srsly, perhaps too srsly. But werewolf is srs business.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Luckay, your point about Mets is pretty awful. He always posts 100's of meaningless posts.

Also, the drinking/naked/flirting talk is at least as detrimental to the village as Dustin's play. That's all I'm sayin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmm, how is flirting detrimental to the village? Educate me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad you guys are playing here and don't want to get into an argument or anything... but to imply like so many have that some of the things Dustin, LC, Luckay, etc hurt the village because it detracts from what the village should do is any more detracting than what you guys are doing is insane. It lets people make a lot of posts about nothing which only benefits wolves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chim, here's my problem with what you are saying. Luckay lynches villagers for kicks, just because he can. Dusting FPSes so much that no one can read him, which is rubbish for the village. LC is just too cryptic to be of any use to anyone. It's not comparable.

Also, I think books is right. If you make it so that everyone just posts vague stategery posts, you have made it ultra easy for the wolves. The noise makes it hard first day, but we don't only play one day. So I don't mind banter so much. Plenty of space within it for wolves to make mistakes. If we stick to wolf lists and strat that is based on a handful of vague posts, well, I dunno. I tend to think that's easy for a wolf to negotiate.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it enables wolves to come up with excuses for voting off villagers. "well the other wagon was kristie, and we needed to keep her around LOL", and everyone laughs and agrees.

[/ QUOTE ]

This part is below the belt, imo. Wolves will always come up with reasons to vote who they want to, and it's impossible to eliminate those reasons, especially early on.

Also, that only hurts the village if kristie is a wolf and therefore wolves don't want to vote her. If she's village, it's neutral. If she's a wolf, well, more power to her. If you guys are silly enough to let it impact your voting, the village deserves to lose.

[ QUOTE ]
bad votes:
antidan
drzen
epicurus
kokiri
lastchance
luckayluck
mdorand

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously this is what I am talking about. This is faked. No conversation Durron and I have either in this thread or outside of it will ever convince me that this is anything more than some names pulled out of Durron's ass. I would much rather people make one strong case for a wolf or villager than string together a bunch of names.

IOW,

All's fair in love and werewolf.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i.e. the read i have on VR would not work on a lot of other people

[/ QUOTE ]

assuming you're not evil, it's not working so terribly well on me at this particular time.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Luckay, your point about Mets is pretty awful. He always posts 100's of meaningless posts.

Also, the drinking/naked/flirting talk is at least as detrimental to the village as Dustin's play. That's all I'm sayin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmmm, how is flirting detrimental to the village? Educate me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad you guys are playing here and don't want to get into an argument or anything... but to imply like so many have that some of the things Dustin, LC, Luckay, etc hurt the village because it detracts from what the village should do is any more detracting than what you guys are doing is insane. It lets people make a lot of posts about nothing which only benefits wolves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chim, here's my problem with what you are saying. Luckay lynches villagers for kicks, just because he can. Dusting FPSes so much that no one can read him, which is rubbish for the village. LC is just too cryptic to be of any use to anyone. It's not comparable.

Also, I think books is right. If you make it so that everyone just posts vague stategery posts, you have made it ultra easy for the wolves. The noise makes it hard first day, but we don't only play one day. So I don't mind banter so much. Plenty of space within it for wolves to make mistakes. If we stick to wolf lists and strat that is based on a handful of vague posts, well, I dunno. I tend to think that's easy for a wolf to negotiate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would argue that this has already been detrimental to the village since we are having this conversation. It is admittedly my fault in part, however.

If all we talked about day 1 was sports we wouldn't get anywhere because even bad wolves can feel comfortable talking about sports, ya know? I feel you make the most progress by making people make decisions and (later) making them back up their decisions.

Anyways, I really would prefer we let it go.. it was just bothering me and wanted to get it out there.