Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Awesome sports metaphores

This thread probably won't go anywhere but what the heck. It was inspired by Mike Leach's most excellent metaphor to describe (IHO) how Texas Tech got screwed by the refs. Paraphrasing here: "This game is like a breakfast of ham and eggs. And we are the ham. We're committed. We're the ham and we're committed. The referees are like the chicken. The chicken isn't committed like the ham." I caught this on Sportscenter but havn't been able to find a link on the internet.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Awesome sports metaphores

thread's stuck, so I'll just post a bunch of quotes from my High-School Football Coach:

"You either get better or worse, you never stay the same"

"Better to die as a young child than fumble the football"

"your attitude in life will determine your altitude in life"

"Pride makes the difference"

"When it's time to be a man - you gonna' bring your wife & kids brad and milk or beer and cigarettes?"

"bend your knees son, the only thing you can do standing up is [censored] a horse"
Old 11-14-2007, 02:17 PM

"I'm gonna turn this team around 360 degrees" ~J. Kidd

"Since I do not have notion, which runs exactly in the background, I must show further in training that I want into the master formation!! Still is not all days evening." - T. Pock
Old 11-14-2007, 02:25 PM

"I am the number one Ninja and I have killed all the Shoguns in front of me. You've got some new young Shoguns trying to step up—Amare [Stoudemire], Jermaine [O'Neal], [Yao] Ming. But by the time they kill this Shogun, I'll be retired, and I'll have two platinum swords and five NBA MVP balls. That is why one day I said my game will be like the Pythagorean Theorem—hard to figure out. A lot of people really don't know the Pythagorean Theory. They don't make them like me anymore. They don't want to make them like that anymore. I think the type of centers you are looking at know are the Collier's and Nowitzki, the guys that can step out and shoot the sh!t out of the ball. They can shoot and you can not take that away from them. I have never been a shooter. I have always been a prolific M.F. scorer. You know what M.F. stands for?"
-Shaq
Old 11-14-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thread's stuck, so I'll just post a bunch of quotes from my High-School Football Coach:

"When it's time to be a man - you gonna' bring your wife & kids brad and milk or beer and cigarettes?"

"bend your knees son, the only thing you can do standing up is [censored] a horse"

[/ QUOTE ]

None of the above is a metaphor.

An example of a metaphor from someone in sports would be:

"I am the straw that stirs the drink" - Reggie Jackson
Old 11-14-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I am the number one Ninja and I have killed all the Shoguns in front of me. You've got some new young Shoguns trying to step up—Amare [Stoudemire], Jermaine [O'Neal], [Yao] Ming. But by the time they kill this Shogun, I'll be retired, and I'll have two platinum swords and five NBA MVP balls. That is why one day I said my game will be like the Pythagorean Theorem—hard to figure out. A lot of people really don't know the Pythagorean Theory. They don't make them like me anymore. They don't want to make them like that anymore. I think the type of centers you are looking at know are the Collier's and Nowitzki, the guys that can step out and shoot the sh!t out of the ball. They can shoot and you can not take that away from them. I have never been a shooter. I have always been a prolific M.F. scorer. You know what M.F. stands for?"
-Shaq

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Shaq.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:49 PM

lol shaq

and learn what metaphors are.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it ironic?
Old 11-14-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-Shaq

[/ QUOTE ]

Dearest Shaqinator,

You had me at "ninja."

-- [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't it ironic?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like rain on a rainy day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ2PMJic0fI