Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games

Old 09-17-2007, 10:33 AM

Default 2-7 TD: drawing against 2 aggro donks

I've been playing some 2-7 TD lately and think it's great fun! Finally a game where I think I have an edge [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Not because I'm good, but because the rest (at least at this level) is so bad.

A question about this hand. How did I play this? Should I have discarded the 9 too (I've seen some very bad 9's on showdown by both villains, they pat any 9)?

Villains both are very aggressive, and very bad...

Triple Draw 2-7 Lowball Limit ($0.50/$1) (.com/greenage22/Triple_Draw/Converter.html]converter)

SB ($55.75), Seat 2
BB ($12.85), Seat 3
UTG ($19.30), Seat 4
MP ($1.75), Seat 5
CO ($2.10), Seat 6
Hero ($27.20), Seat 1

Button at Seat 1.
SB posts $0.25. BB posts $0.50.

Hand: [2c Ks 5c 3s 5s]

Round 1: (1.50 SB)

<font color="red">UTG raises. </font><font color="#666666">MP folds. </font><font color="#666666">CO folds. </font><font color="red">Hero raises. </font><font color="green">SB calls. </font><font color="#666666">BB folds. </font><font color="red">UTG raises. </font><font color="green">Hero calls. </font><font color="green">SB calls. </font>
SB takes 3. UTG takes 1. Hero discards Ks 5c.

Hand: [2c 3s 5s 5h Td]

Round 2: (13.00 SB)

<font color="green">SB checks. </font><font color="red">UTG bets. </font><font color="green">Hero calls. </font><font color="green">SB calls. </font>
SB takes 2. UTG takes 1. Hero discards 5h Td.

Hand: [2c 3s 5s 9s 2d]

Round 3: (8.00 BB)

<font color="green">SB checks. </font><font color="red">UTG bets. </font><font color="green">Hero calls. </font><font color="green">SB calls. </font>
SB takes 2. UTG takes 1. Hero discards 2d.

Hand: [2c 3s 5s 9s 7s]

Round 4: (11.00 BB)

<font color="red">SB bets. </font><font color="green">UTG calls. </font><font color="green">Hero calls. </font>

Total pot: (14.00 BB - $14)
Old 09-17-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: 2-7 TD: drawing against 2 aggro donks

You have a very close decesion on whether or not to fold after second draw because its a three way pot. HU you can take the last draw everytime. Pretty dangerous to be drawing at a 9 when you need to beat two players, one of which who can still raise before the draw.

Your in much better shape if UTG bets the river than if the SB does. I think your probably in second place here but you could be in third. Mathmatically your hand is good about half the time here in a three way pot, but with this action i put it far closer to 10-20 % of the time. I guess you have to call either way.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:25 PM

A little side note about SB's play, because of the size of the pot if he held a clean 3 to a 7 going into the last draw he is correct to draw 2 cards rather than fold. Of course he played horribly on round 1, but I thought that was an interesting observation because his horrible play allowed him to play mathematically correct on later streets.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Your in much better shape if UTG bets the river than if the
SB does. I think your probably in second place here but you could be in third. Mathmatically your hand is good about half the time here in a three way pot, but with this action i put it far closer to 10-20 % of the time. I guess you have to call either way.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT
Old 09-17-2007, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

what does that mean
Old 09-17-2007, 07:10 PM

QFT = Quoted For Truth

2 years on 2+2 and you didn't know this? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2007, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A little side note about SB's play, because of the size of the pot if he held a clean 3 to a 7 going into the last draw he is correct to draw 2 cards rather than fold. Of course he played horribly on round 1, but I thought that was an interesting observation because his horrible play allowed him to play mathematically correct on later streets.

[/ QUOTE ]
TT, let's say i'm drawing 2 on 1st draw, 3 to a clean 7...
as a rule of thumb, about how many SB's/ BB's do i want in the pot to make it correct to draw 2 on 2nd draw?
Old 09-23-2007, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
TT, let's say i'm drawing 2 on 1st draw, 3 to a clean 7...
as a rule of thumb, about how many SB's/ BB's do i want in the pot to make it correct to draw 2 on 2nd draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

As an example with a 12 outer you need to be getting 12.5:1 immediate odds with a one card draw, you can adjust the implied odds accordingly if an opponent is pat. So if a villain is getting 10:1 closing the action vs 1 pat opponent and another drawing one card he can probably make up the implied odds on the river and therefore he can correctly call.