Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 04:49 PM

Default American Idol sighting (TRIP REPORT)

Sunday night in Los Angeles, I went with my girlfriend to Todai for dinner at around 7:30/8:00. It's right at the Beverly Center, a major shopping mall in West Hollywood (they say it's in Beverly Hills but it isn't).

Seated at a table for 4 were Sanjaya, his sister Shyamali, Chris Sligh, and Phil Stacey. Nobody else.

For those who don't know Todai, it's a Japanese seafood buffet place where you pay an all-you-can-eat price and then just take multiple trips up to a sushi bar to load up on little cuts of california rolls, yellowtail sushi, eel, spicy tuna, etc. Then there's a hot food section with tempura and crab rice and noodles and udon, also miso soup, salad, crepes, and a ton of dessert.

Sanjaya was wandering around a lot, just sort of looking at the food but never really taking much. Sligh was hardcore into the hot, fatty stuff like the rice and noodles. I only saw one piece of sushi on his plate.

When Sanjaya went to the back to hit the head, he plowed forward head down to try and not be recognized, but it didn't work. A table of Korean girls nearby us were freaking out for some reason. Also another table of dudes whipped out a camera surreptitiously and snapped a shot of the Idol group from across the restaurant.

This just in: Shyamali's rack is enormous.

Anyway, the funniest part of this encounter was when we were leaving. My gf and I were walking out the doors and we passed Sligh and Shyamali, who were lagging behind at the front. Me and the gf exited the doors and walked around the corner. When we got to the exit for the parking garage, I turned to the right and saw Sanjaya and Phil hidden behind a concrete pole waiting to scare the other two. Since we came out first, they thought we were them, so Sanjaya goes "RRAAARRRRGHH!!!!! at me." Then he goes "oops!" and Phil laughs and they pull back to wait.

Then Sligh and Shyamali passed the same exit and again Sanjaya leaps out and goes "BOOO!! RAARRRGH!" with these tiger claws at his sister. Neither Sligh nor the sister were scared at all, and Phil was doing nothing but laughing at all of them.

My gf and I split apart when we took an escalator to our car, and the AI group kept walking along the sidewalk, with Shyamali looking back at us with a smile at feeling sort of embarrassed for her lame brother.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:50 PM

Default Re: American Idol sighting (TRIP REPORT)

Great trip report - thanks.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sunday night in Los Angeles, I went with my girlfriend to Todai for dinner at around 7:30/8:00. It's right at the Beverly Center, a major shopping mall in West Hollywood (they say it's in Beverly Hills but it isn't).

Seated at a table for 4 were Sanjaya, his sister Shyamali, Chris Sligh, and Phil Stacey. Nobody else.

For those who don't know Todai, it's a Japanese seafood buffet place where you pay an all-you-can-eat price and then just take multiple trips up to a sushi bar to load up on little cuts of california rolls, yellowtail sushi, eel, spicy tuna, etc. Then there's a hot food section with tempura and crab rice and noodles and udon, also miso soup, salad, crepes, and a ton of dessert.

Sanjaya was wandering around a lot, just sort of looking at the food but never really taking much. Sligh was hardcore into the hot, fatty stuff like the rice and noodles. I only saw one piece of sushi on his plate.

When Sanjaya went to the back to hit the head, he plowed forward head down to try and not be recognized, but it didn't work. A table of Korean girls nearby us were freaking out for some reason. Also another table of dudes whipped out a camera surreptitiously and snapped a shot of the Idol group from across the restaurant.

This just in: Shyamali's rack is enormous.

Anyway, the funniest part of this encounter was when we were leaving. My gf and I were walking out the doors and we passed Sligh and Shyamali, who were lagging behind at the front. Me and the gf exited the doors and walked around the corner. When we got to the exit for the parking garage, I turned to the right and saw Sanjaya and Phil hidden behind a concrete pole waiting to scare the other two. Since we came out first, they thought we were them, so Sanjaya goes "RRAAARRRRGHH!!!!! at me." Then he goes "oops!" and Phil laughs and they pull back to wait.

Then Sligh and Shyamali passed the same exit and again Sanjaya leaps out and goes "BOOO!! RAARRRGH!" with these tiger claws at his sister. Neither Sligh nor the sister were scared at all, and Phil was doing nothing but laughing at all of them.

My gf and I split apart when we took an escalator to our car, and the AI group kept walking along the sidewalk, with Shyamali looking back at us with a smile at feeling sort of embarrassed for her lame brother.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome!!! you got the nelly BOO from sangina. woot

[ QUOTE ]
Sligh was hardcore into the hot, fatty stuff like the rice and noodles.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF man! since when were noodles and rice "fatty stuff"??

MF'er [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but eating buckets of fried rice and egg noodles lathered in oil are not the way to eat healthy, especially when lean proteins like tuna and salmon sashimi are served right next door.

For before and after pics, look at Phil's body and then Chris Sligh's.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but eating buckets of fried rice and egg noodles lathered in oil are not the way to eat healthy, especially when lean proteins like tuna and salmon sashimi are served right next door.

For before and after pics, look at Phil's body and then Chris Sligh's.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be more of a "chemo after", no?
Old 06-25-2007, 08:53 PM

Great story Joker. BTW, although I don't eat there I know the restaurant you are referring to well. As you said, clearly they are not in Beverly Hills. You should try out a couple restaurants in the area. Real Food Daily and Vegan Glory.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great story Joker. BTW, although I don't eat there I know the restaurant you are referring to well. As you said, clearly they are not in Beverly Hills. You should try out a couple restaurants in the area. Real Food Daily and Vegan Glory.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love meat too much, sorry. RFD wasn't my cup of tea.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:07 AM

Awesome TR!!!!
HOwever, you left out one niggling detail....What did Sanjaya's hair look like?!?!
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2007, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Awesome TR!!!!
HOwever, you left out one niggling detail....What did Sanjaya's hair look like?!?!
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Normal, like it was in his first audition. Floppy, wavy.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:14 AM

[/ QUOTE ]
I love meat too much, sorry. RFD wasn't my cup of tea.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fair enough! I can remember the feeling.