Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 10:00 AM

Default Re: ON THE LOT **official thread**

[ QUOTE ]
Kenny - "Whack Alley Cab" 1
Easily the worst of the night. Bad idea. Bad directing. Bad acting.

[/ QUOTE ]

i hated this guy from the earlier elimination. now i see why they painted him as a villian.. he SUX.

that was an uncomfortable short to watch.

thx for the ranking NoChance
Old 05-29-2007, 09:40 PM

I mostly agree with your ratings NoChance, except that I think Will and Zach may be somewhat overrated. We shall see how it unfolds in future weeks, I'm sure they're safe for awhile.

Looking forward to the results show (I guess it's already over for you East Coasters), but sheesh, an hour long? I think they're borrowing a little too much from AI.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:48 PM

Ya, the hostess chickie is no Ryan Seacrest. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Carrie Fischer is already more annoying than Paula Abdul will ever be.
I thought there were a few surprises among the results...but don't want to spoil it for the Westies [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2007, 10:07 PM

Shrug,
I think the general rule during AI has been that us Westies enter these threads at our own risk. Perhaps we can get a ruling from GM. At any rate, I think I want to be surprised this time so I'm going to avoid this thread til after the show.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:56 PM

I just expect the results to be posted. I know better than to come here until the show is over. For AI, the threads were longer each night. I would scroll down (paying attention to post time) only as far as I had seen so far so I could pretend the comments were in real time but I would never look ahead.

EDIT: I only ask that people keep the results out of the subject lines. Note that it was never a problem during the entire AI season. Everyone who posts here has been very good about that.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:00 PM

On that note, I am not sure how Kenny made it another week. The rest were certainly not shocking. I just wish Claudia and Kenny had swapped.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:05 AM

"Ghetta Rhoom" one of the top 3? Wow, just wow. Other than that, no huge surprises.

This hostess makes me think there's a lot of skill to what Seacrest does. Hopefully she'll get better with experience, because boy did she look awkward and unprepared tonight.

This show is a winner! It almost makes up for the fact that there's no Rock Star:x to look forward to.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:21 AM

WTF how are people giving Spaced Out any love? It was just a cop pulling over aliens and the puked on him, what was funny about that? I thought that was one of the stupidest things I have ever seen and a trained monkey with a camera obscura could make a better film. Seriously, this is supposed to be the cream of the crop in young and upcoming filmmakers? No thanks. Check Out and Danger Zone were WAY better in my opinion, and I also liked Dance Man and Replication Story (although Dance Man was a little easy, the guy did a good job with the music and the actor was great).

I didn't watch today, I didn't like the show that much. The judges sucked, all they did was remind everyone how wonderful they are even when ripping their films.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This show is a winner! It almost makes up for the fact that there's no Rock Star:x to look forward to.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think this show is about 1000x duller than it needs to be, based on its interesting premise. I expected more from Mark Burnett. Project Greenlight was much more entertaining. On the Lot needs Chris Moore telling the directors their movie is a clusterf**ck. He was hilarious.

And from what I've read the ratings so far are in the toilet. I wouldn't be surprised to see this end up the season as an online-only show if the ratings stay this bad.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:53 AM

The fact that "Whack Alley Cab" and "..To Screw in Light Bulb" made it through astounds me. I thought they were awful.

As for "Getta Room", I am divided on this. I think his choice portrayal of the lead character was unfortunate as he did come across as someone with special needs. But, if you look at it from Jason's "intended" POV as it being a nerd, then I think the short holds up. I thought it told a complete story in the 1-minute time frame, and was overall pretty clever.

"Spaced Out" was cute and funny...but went absolutely nowhere. After the 1st pukage, the story went nowhere..and that is where it failed for me.

It s painful to me that all the judge's come from the "Paula Abdul" school in that no matter what you think.....sugar coat it. Perhaps they all think they need to nurture this new talent, but in reality, some of them just need the brutal truth told to them. Quit coddling the ones that submit crappy films...just tell them that they stunk up the joint and they better get their sh*t together.