Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 10:48 PM

Default ON THE LOT **official thread**

this is an absolutely AMAZING show. it also has large potential for created wagering markets, or to do pools and props within the forum.

i encourage everyone to get up to speed now. try and find the episode aired tonight @ 8-10p on fox

http://www.thelot.com/

honestly, this show is a winner!!

Old 05-28-2007, 10:54 PM

Default Re: ON THE LOT **official thread**

Almost through the first hour here in the west coast. So far two stand out for me:

"Spaced Out" - Andrew
"Lucky Penny" - Will
Old 05-28-2007, 10:59 PM

I missed most of last week, but tuned in tonight for the 18 directors and their one-minute comedy shorts.

My favs: Dance Man, Spaced Out, Lucky Penny, Danger Zone (awesome), Replication Theory,

Honorable Mention: Getta Rhoom

Hated: Wack Alley Cab, Bus #1, …To Screw In A Light Bulb

THE LOT
You can watch the films here (I found the ones tonight under the "vote" tab.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:11 AM

This show makes me want to quit my job.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:30 AM

I dunno Granny I was a huge fan of Project Greenlight and I love movies, but so far this show isn't that great IMO. 2 hours of watching mostly lame short films gets pretty dull. Also, the host and the judges are awful. Maybe future shows will be better as there are less contestants.

Anyway so far the ones I like are "Lucky Penny" and "Danger Zone". Wasn't getting the love for the puking aliens. I guess puppets + puke = great comedy.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:45 AM

I think we are missing our Simon Cowell.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the judges pretty much agree every single time?
And, someone please tie down Carrie Fischer's arms.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:56 AM

I didn't realize before tonight that we get to screen and vote on the films. This show has taken a turn for the awesome.

Edit: Early prediction: The final 3 will be Andrew ("Spaced Out"), Sam ("Replication Theory"), and Shira-Lee ("Check Out"). The special-effects guy will turn out to be all flash and little substance.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:07 AM

Someone had to do it. My rankings and comments from worst to best, with ratings from 1 (bad) to 10 (good).

Kenny - "Whack Alley Cab" 1
Easily the worst of the night. Bad idea. Bad directing. Bad acting.

Hilary - "Bus #1" 2
This was also bad. The idea could have been okay if she had found some tasteful ways to do this. It wasn't funny at all either.

Jess - "To Screw In A Lightbulb" 2
Simple idea but over used joke. Too many actors running around made everything too complicated to get was was happening. Unable to express her idea well.

Shalini - "Love In The Year 2007" 2
I didn't like it. I think she is just a serious person and isn't really suited for comedy. She would probably do okay with a documentary or something.

Jason - "Getta Room" 3
The judges were right this time too. I also thought it looked like the character was "special". That means he did a poor job of expressing his idea. People could easily have taken this wrong.

Carolina - "Deliver Me" 3
I thought this was dumb. I don't know. Maybe females liked it? It wasn't funny.

Marty - "The Big Bad Heist" 3
His movie didn't fit the theme. It also wasn't funny at all. Seems like he will do better with an action movie.

Trevor - "A Golf Story" 4
I don't really have much good or bad to say about this one. I guess I thought it was just boring.

Phil - "Please Hold" 4
A decent idea but the shooting was way to dark for a comedy. The ending was also a little confusing.

Mateen - "Soft" 5
One colored contestant and he uses all colored actors and does a mugging scene. I wonder if most of his movies will be this way. Movie/idea was okay with a nice twist at the end but have to agree with judges in that they were ALL soft.

David - "File Size" 5
It was just average for me. I think it was a decent idea and he could have potential later on.

Adam - "Dance Man" 6
I think the actor did a good job and made this one seem better than it actually was. This one would not have done well without the introduction and him telling us the guy could not speak and used dance to express himself. Without that we would all just be scratching our heads with this one. Creative though.

Claudia - "Blind Date" 7
I thought the judges were tough on her. It was a simple idea that she probably took a little too far with the toilet scene. Without those details it would have been pretty good but it was very predictable. Will have to see how she does next week.

Sam - "Replication Story" - 8
A real life uncomfortable situation shown in about 4 different ways. This was good but I feel he may have gotten lucky with this one.

Zach - "Danger Zone" 9
There wasn't much of a story but he did a good job with it. It made want to keep watching to see what would happen next.

Shira-Lee - "Check Out" 9
The judges were correct with this one too. It was sexy and funny. It was something everyone could relate to. Again, it was very simple and easy to follow.

Will - "Lucky Penny" 10
Again, another simple idea that was easy to follow. I liked the closeup of the pulley and also the penny as it rolled away to the old lady.

Andrew - "Spaced Out" 10
I will say this again. It was very simple and easy to follow. Some of the other movies were just to complicated and needed introductions to figure out what was happening. This one had just one actor and a couple puppets.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize before tonight that we get to screen and vote on the films. This show has taken a turn for the awesome.

Edit: Early prediction: The final 3 will be Andrew ("Spaced Out"), Sam ("Replication Theory"), and Shira-Lee ("Check Out"). The special-effects guy will turn out to be all flash and little substance, so he'll blake his way to the finals .

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-29-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess puppets + puke = great comedy.

[/ QUOTE ]

imo, it gets no better!!!!!!!!!!!!!