Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 09:58 AM

Default My Web ATM = garbage

After I have verified my account this morning (signed up friday night)...I have received a message:

"Your account will be automatically charged $212. Thank you for verifying your account, in few days your card will be printed and mailed to you."

That is it! You cannot deposit money. The account is still useless at this moment...
Old 02-06-2007, 10:05 AM

Default Re: My Web ATM = garbage

I refused to sign up for this site. I saw two problems right off the bat.

1) they wanted my SS # and I am very protective of that.

2) the site was NOT SSL encrypted so your personal information was going out over the Internet in the clear; VERY BAD.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:07 AM

I guess the hundreds of people that successfully deposited money through MyWebATM used some sort of voodoo then?

Either that or you misunderstood something and are jumping to conclusions unnecessarily.

I'd put my money on the latter if there was a way to get it online.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I refused to sign up for this site. I saw two problems right off the bat.

1) they wanted my SS # and I am very protective of that.

2) the site was NOT SSL encrypted so your personal information was going out over the Internet in the clear; VERY BAD.

[/ QUOTE ]

They want your SSN# for YOUR PROTECTION. The credit verification process helps ensure that the account money is being pulled from is actually yours. Neteller had the exact same verification system in place. Not only that, but with Neteller you also handed over your bank routing number, account number.... everything and anything an identity thief would want in order to become you. You went through this same process with Neteller for the same reasons...

The signup page is in an SSL encrypted iFrame within the browser. If you look at the page source you can see this represented as <iframe src="https://..... The lock does not show up in your browser which is probably a huge mistake on the part of MyWebATM since so many people are taught (correctly) to look for that lock before submitting secure information over the internet.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:15 AM

I used my Web ATM with no problem. What did you do to get charged $200+ Dollars. Sounds crazy. Or an outright lie.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:22 AM

Do you people ever write a check with your Bank acct. # and drivers license # on it? Or give the Taco Bell guy your credit card?
Old 02-06-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you people ever write a check with your Bank acct. # and drivers license # on it? Or give the Taco Bell guy your credit card?

[/ QUOTE ]

My checks come pre-printed with my account # on it. Can I get a set of those checks where you write account #s in? I'm thinking of setting up an e-wallet and those blank checks will come in handy after you've all signed up through my SSL secured site that doesn't request your SSN....
Old 02-06-2007, 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My checks come pre-printed with my account # on it. Can I get a set of those checks where you write account #s in? I'm thinking of setting up an e-wallet and those blank checks will come in handy after you've all signed up through my SSL secured site that doesn't request your SSN....

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, I believe he was agreeing with you. And he didn't say anything about writing your own account number in it. You should read more closely next time.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, I believe he was agreeing with you. And he didn't say anything about writing your own account number in it. You should read more closely next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone needs a new sarcasm detector.... I hear you can withdraw them through MyWebATM for a (hidden) $212 fee.
Old 02-06-2007, 10:48 AM

No, no, I understand sarcasm. But I'm pretty sure you didn't realize he was agreeing with you.