Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: Would OOT enjoy an "ask me" thread about lesbians?
yes 9 9.89%
YES 82 90.11%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: who does tOSU play in the title game?

the real discussion should be Oklahoma v. LSU

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Hawaii wins their game tonight, they should be in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Why why why why why?

This argument should include three teams: Oklahoma, USC, and LSU. I can't comprehend how other people think there should be any other options besides those three teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

The goal of a season should be to declare an undisputed champ. If Hawaii loses the National title game then whatever team they lost to is the rightful national champ. Every other school would have lost including Hawaii. If Hawaii wins that game, then they've just beaten a tough team(in addittion to already beating a pretty good Boise St team) and they deserve it. Either way, I don't see how thats unfair! Whats unfair is what happened to Boise St last year. Do you not agree that Boise St did not get a fair shake last year in that they were undefeated, beat a solid Oklahoma team, and yet never got a shot at a title? That could happen again this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boise St sucked last year

a few fluke plays in a game where they were soundly outplayed

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah...I'm just going to throw out a vote for a USC/LSU National Championship. Ohio State hasn't done [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I could tolerate this.

USC plays in a better conference than OSU, they lost two games by a combined 11 points this year (one on the road against Oregon) and beat Arizona State by 20 in Tempe. USC deserves the title game much more than Ohio State, and I don't think its all that close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I mean, some people are dumb enough to vote for Hawaii to make the NC, but if you ask a rational person, isn't OSU basically Hawaii-lite? They lost to a 9-3 Illini team, and they didn't dominate seemingly average Michigan and Wisconsin teams. Is this really any different than what Hawaii did: playing a cake schedule, playing like [censored], and barely winning?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. As I posted in the other thread, Hawaii has one less loss and a more impressive best victory(Boise St was ranked higher than Michigan) than OSU...why is Ohio St getting the nod?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because that's a ridiculously oversimplistic view of strength of schedule, accomplishment, and team strength? How about that OSU crushed most teams all year, while Hawaii had a very hard time with many very weak teams? And that OSU played a much harder (though overall still weak) schedule?

[/ QUOTE ]

Date Opponent Time/Result
Sep 2 Northern Colorado Won 63-6
Sep 8 @Louisiana Tech Won 45-44
Sep 15 @UNLV Won 49-14
Sep 23 Charleston Southern Won 66-10
Sep 29 @Idaho Won 48-20
Oct 7 Utah St. Won 52-37
Oct 12 @San Jose St. Won 42-35
Oct 28 New Mexico St. Won 50-13
Nov 10 Fresno St. Won 37-30
Nov 16 @Nevada Won 28-26
Nov 23 Boise St. Won 39-27
Dec 1 Washington 11:30pm

What I see there is that they crushed EVERYBODY they played, save for playing close games (discounting Nevada and LT) against the bowl eligible teams in their conference.

What you're saying is they got hurt because Michigan (and pretty much every other mainland power school) is too afraid to play them? Michigan took Hawaii out and put in Appalachian State, and we see how well that worked. I never liked punishing this team because the "power" schools don't want to get embarrassed. I'm not saying Hawaii deserves it necessarily, but it would be damn fun to watch.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah...I'm just going to throw out a vote for a USC/LSU National Championship. Ohio State hasn't done [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I could tolerate this.

USC plays in a better conference than OSU, they lost two games by a combined 11 points this year (one on the road against Oregon) and beat Arizona State by 20 in Tempe. USC deserves the title game much more than Ohio State, and I don't think its all that close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all that close? You happen to remember the details of that other loss USC has?

Because OSU's loss was to a team that is probably going to a BCS bowl. What is Stanford's bowl outlook this year?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This argument should include three teams: Oklahoma, USC, and LSU. I can't comprehend how other people think there should be any other options besides those three teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

The goal of a season should be to declare an undisputed champ. If Hawaii loses the National title game then whatever team they lost to is the rightful national champ. Every other school would have lost including Hawaii. If Hawaii wins that game, then they've just beaten a tough team(in addittion to already beating a pretty good Boise St team) and they deserve it. Either way, I don't see how thats unfair! Whats unfair is what happened to Boise St last year. Do you not agree that Boise St did not get a fair shake last year in that they were undefeated, beat a solid Oklahoma team, and yet never got a shot at a title? That could happen again this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but this argument is completely idiotic. Hawaii gets the benefit of playing the 3rd softest schedule in the land, and would have NO CHANCE of being anything better than AT BEST 9-3 with a top 30 schedule. AT BEST.

[ QUOTE ]
Boise St sucked last year

a few fluke plays in a game where they were soundly outplayed

[/ QUOTE ]

They dominated the first 3 quarters.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The goal is to find the best team. I didn't read anything more in your post because you've missed the point of CFB.

La Tech and San Jose St are bowl eligible?

lol @ Hawaii fanboys. they still have to play tonight. and after all this crap, i wouldnt be shocked in the least if they lose.