Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

View Poll Results: SHOULD THE USE OF THE N-WORD IN THE ARTS BE ACTIVELY DISCOURAGED ?
YES 31 29.81%
NO 73 70.19%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2007, 05:47 PM

Default Re: *** Offcial Turning Stone SuperStacks Series ***

[ QUOTE ]
Gee Gobbomom, that just about did it. Maybe a few nudges from the degens on site will tip me over the edge. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]If you're lucky, you'll get my table. I fold until I am short then donk off my chips... Even better than having an unmanned stack.

I saw 2 flops in the last 2 1/2 levels and won 0 hands [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 05:49 PM

I was there last night and I'll be there tomorrow night, still deciding if I want to play the $550 6max on Friday morning.

6max deepstack good structure sounds awesome, but now from what I'm hearing it might be a tough field
Old 11-28-2007, 06:00 PM

here, floor 8 in the tower
Old 11-28-2007, 06:10 PM

I think we should organize a non TStone hangout/cards/smoke for us locals in the 518 one night with oh master [censored] Shaun[Censored]Deeb
Old 11-28-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're lucky, you'll get my table. I fold until I am short then donk off my chips... Even better than having an unmanned stack.

I saw 2 flops in the last 2 1/2 levels and won 0 hands [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, now I don't feel bad for the way I play. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You realize that even though we said 'wtf how does he call with AQ there and spout that ridiculous garbage' what he said was exactly what happened.

It's not idiotic unless you never have trash in that spot. It may be exploitable but clearly they're not going to exploit you.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is exactly what happened but it's not like he made some amazing read more then just a good guess. He has no prior knowledge of me, other then the fact that an hour into this tournament I've only vp$ip not while in the blinds once. I mean I will do that w/ trash every once in a while (obv) but he cannot know that, so there's no way for him to be exploiting me here.

[/ QUOTE ]

mkind,

I'm just busting your balls.

<3's

gobbo

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh I know <3 but the hand just left a strange feeling. And speaking of getting a strage feeling from a hand, get the bash bregade ready for this one:

5/5 NL, effective stacks
MP nitty guy ($750) raises to 35; I ($1900) flat call in CO w/ QTs; super old guy who needs my help to fold his cards usually also calls ($800ish). Flop 732sss. MP checks; I bet 75, old guy calls. Turn Tc (pair!!!!): I bet $175 b/c I figure the old guy is calling me down (he hasn't raised anyone, pre or post flop, in his 90 mins on the table) and he insta stands up and announces all-in for $500 more. Normally in these games, I obv have to call here but there were a few things going through my mind here:

1. He's 75+ and nobody over that age ever bluffs.
2. His aggression factor is like a 0, since he hasn't raised at any point today and has been nothing but a classic station.
3. He's not really the type to be playing small suited connector's in these big raised pots (hence, he prob doesn't have a smaller flush).
4. A guy who is so feeble that he can't even muck his own cards just stood up and waved his hands over his head in triumph.

So yep, I folded the Q-high flush only to be shown KsKc. [censored]..............me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sick thing is he wasn't even bluffing. Now THAT is soul pwnage.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:33 PM

you got JamieGolded
Old 11-28-2007, 06:37 PM

i dont think you ever get shown the ace high flush mkind, it will usually call the turn to continue "trapping".

he either has a king high flush, an overplayed lower flush, or something like, well, black kings.

from the tone in your posts, i think your play typically outlevels yourself. next time instead of trying to get on the 3rd level with anyone over the age of 45, just imagine it is the days of partypoker and play accordingly.

ie, wait for "nuts" and then valuetown.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you got JamieGolded

[/ QUOTE ]

zuggles how do you only have 61 posts, plz to be posting more strategy thanks
Old 11-28-2007, 06:44 PM

shaun on randalls

I got upto 35k before antees came into play. Absolutely crushed my table move to randalls table with some chips and some goofy looking players bleed 10k fast on a hand Im posting in a bit. Get back to like 30k then bleed down to 15k get played backe verytime I open ako otb to 1300 at 250/500/50 button who I owned earlier 4bet shoving and showing a 4 when he folded for a lot of chips. so he just ships like 20k to put me in for 16k BB had like 6k and was tight. I snapcall
AQ he shows Qxxxxx [censored] yah.