Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Re: who banned youtalkfunny for 24 hours in OOT?

[ QUOTE ]
If NT has warned him previously, I'm not sure what else there is to do but temp ban him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does he just keep track of these in his head or does he have some secret place place that he keeps track of these undocumented warnings? Or does he say "I warned him previously" when he decides to be a big man on the net and ban someone from the site.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If NT has warned him previously, I'm not sure what else there is to do but temp ban him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does he just keep track of these in his head or does he have some secret place place that he keeps track of these undocumented warnings? Or does he say "I warned him previously" when he decides to be a big man on the net and ban someone from the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

...I tend to assume people aren't lying unless I have some reason to believe otherwise. Does the user dispute that he was warned?
Old 10-31-2007, 05:43 PM

i should have logged ytf's prior problems, i thought i had but they are not there. it is also possible that someone else deleted them, wouldn't be the first time.

he seems to think (based on his recent PM in particular) that he has carte blanche because he has been here so long. no mention of 'i broke the rules but it's harmless,' etc. just 'you can't do this to me, i've been here forever.'

my impression from our previous discussions was that custom titles are a privilege, and removing them when someone breaks a forum rule is not stepping on someone else's authority. that seemed to be the popular sentiment. if anyone disagrees i am open to hearing it, but that was my recollection of the previous discussion.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:50 PM

Here, you have a lot of work to do if asking for help with an avatar is a bannable offense.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1
Old 10-31-2007, 05:54 PM

randy, this guy is your friend and you are pissed off. get over it. he doesn't care about the rules and he got banned like everyone else who doesn't care about the rules.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here, you have a lot of work to do if asking for help with an avatar is a bannable offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, you think this makes your point, but it actually makes NT's point.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

See, you think this makes your point, but it actually makes NT's point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, we know that we should ban people who started a new thread instead of remembering one that was started over a year ago and finding it.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:05 PM

1) banned a long time, well respected poster for a very minor offense

2) did not leave a note regarding the banning

3) overturned another mods decision regarding a custom title

4) banned for an offense that dozens of people have already done without punishment in that same forum

All I can say is ........................... sounds like par for the course with NT.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2007, 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
randy, this guy is your friend and you are pissed off. get over it. he doesn't care about the rules and he got banned like everyone else who doesn't care about the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not that pissed off because I was able to convince him to just leave the retard forums instead of leaving 2+2. If you really thing it is a good idea to suspend longtime posters for this sort of thing I really think you should step down as a mod.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm not that pissed off because I was able to convince him to just leave the retard forums instead of leaving 2+2. If you really thing it is a good idea to suspend longtime CUSTOMERS for this sort of thing I really think you should step down as a mod.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry! I had to FYP.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Closed Thread