Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: JJ in sb versus BelowAbove

I was personally of a mind to 4b and snapcall a shove. I know when I see this line from somebody I dont know, my first thought it...Ok u dont like getting squeezed so ur repopping me with some retard [censored], have fun calling this donkey'
Old 09-14-2007, 01:24 AM
 is offline

Mark me down for calling and playing for set value and/or naked value. If Below is as psychotic as everyone says, I'd rather hang him by letting him go apeshit with 25s on pretty much any flop.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:32 AM

metagame as defined by you simply does not matter in this context. Or this early. Or ever really. Your line looks like "wtf? goofball." rather than "Don't [censored] with me beLOWabOVE!"

I understand what you want to do here, but this spot will do nothing to further your goals.

Devo
Old 09-14-2007, 03:42 AM

I think a [censored] ton of people in this thread are thinking of how BA would play against them and applying it to what their doing, and not thinking of it in the context of villain being unknown random.

As an unknown here, i call pre and try to get it on most flops.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
metagame as defined by you simply does not matter in this context. Or this early. Or ever really. Your line looks like "wtf? goofball." rather than "Don't [censored] with me beLOWabOVE!"

I understand what you want to do here, but this spot will do nothing to further your goals.

Devo

[/ QUOTE ]

devo

i get what youre saying - thanks

but having said that, i think baiting him to squeeze is a very real line here. if i had kk or aa here a good percentage of the time, i would call the initial raiser with a strong lag behind hoping he repops. whether i flat call the reraise or rerepop is up in the air. i'm sure this is a line a known lag like BA sees a reasonable amoumnt of time. if ba folds to a repop, i think he gives some credit to the hero here for being at least a semi thinking player or a total donkey. is this irrelevant given its early and you may not be at the table for more then a rotation or two -

i guess what i dont know is how much if at all to factor in that you could be sittng next to a LAG for a few hours and you dont want to be runover. from most replies it sounds like the general consensus is its irrelevant, play your game and he will either run you over or not
Old 09-14-2007, 11:57 AM

Remember this is the first or second level, even crazy people like below rarely squeeze here.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember this is the first or second level, even crazy people like below rarely squeeze here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree. I think Below would squeeze here. I kind of like the squeeze at reasonably high stakes, because no one thinks you would squeeze.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
No one thinks you would squeeze.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree its entirely reasonable to squeeze here, squeezing isn't a surprise but can still be a good play here.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:40 AM

my simple thoughts behind this-

flatting the initial raise - pretty sure this guy had been pretty tight, and I don't like creating big pots OOP with marginal hands like JJ.

now with the raise from BA - its the 2nd orbit of the tourney, I simply don't think he's squeezing here for 180 chips this early in tourney with no real information on anyone, with a starting stack of 5k, with anything but a premium hand. I know hes LAG, but this was so early in the tournament, and I had just watched a few of his vids, and it did not seem like he'd be doing this with anything but a high pair here at THIS POINT in the tourney.

as for the shania/meta-game factor, I'm fully aware of him 3betting and squeezing light, and if this somehow gave him the impression that he could run me over, it simply wasn't an issue to me as I was ready to shove on basically his first re-steal attempt with any2 - i don't know how this sounds but I wasn't going to let him resteal from me all tourney - i had already told myself this when I saw him to my immed. left, and figured id shove in what is most likely a 60/40 scenario, or I am dominating him with a higher ace or w/e - any scenario seemed fine as I know I'm not dominated too often.

If I do flat his raise, then I'm playing a BIG POT OOP against a much better player than I am who is in position, with a marginal holding like JJ. I simply did not want to do this at this stage of the tournament. If this was an hour later in the tourney, it's a very different story.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:10 AM

I just don't agree with your read on villain. I like to sometimes make loose reraises early. They often work, and if you don't do that, you telegraph your hand when you do reraise. My observation is that BA often will make a loose reraise, but of course he could have QQ+, AK.