Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2006, 12:01 PM

Default Re: **OFFICIAL** LOST Season 3 Episode 6 Thread -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jack's plan to get them free was pathetic, especially considering Juliet would prefer Ben be dead anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]
From Jack's perspective I think it was a good plan. He doesn't know they're on alcatraz, and he knows that the others besides juliette do NOT want ben dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it's easy for Juliet, as a kind of defacto second in command to go the 'we don't negotiate' tactic and get what she wants anwyays. Or to "jump in to try to help" accidently kill Ben, and still look like the hero. This is all things that should be going through Jack's mind. Juliet has multiple ways to [censored] his plan AND get what she wants.

Ray
Old 11-09-2006, 12:40 PM

I'm grunching this thread.

This ep was functionally a decent soap opera. Good, but not what I like from my lost. Beyond one bit with the jesus stick, nothing really interesting happened beyond the standard melodrama.

Jack's a tard and I can't understand why The Others didn't see this coming. Madtown would point out that this is another example of the plot moving only because the characters are really [censored] retarded.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:52 PM

I didn't get this part...Jack has a loaded gun but pusses out because Kate and Sawyer are doing the deed on TV? I hope he kept the damn gun.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't get this part...Jack has a loaded gun but pusses out because Kate and Sawyer are doing the deed on TV? I hope he kept the damn gun.

[/ QUOTE ]

He thinks his only way off the island is with Ben/the Other's help. Shooting at them would NOT convince them to help him off the island. He decided to leave, because he didn't want to stay if Kate's with Sawyer, since he loves her.

I don't see why people think they're acting retardedly. If you consider that the characters:
a) Don't have all the information we have
b) Are trying desperately to survive, over anything
c) Are normal, flawed humans who will not always make the best decision, especially where emotions and the opposite sex are involved

their actions make a lot more sense.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:00 PM

A couple of thoughts
1. What the deal with stick?
2. Why didn't Kate say anything about the fact Pickett was about to kill Sawyer?
3. Who is this Jacob guy?
4. Did Jack keep the gun?
5. Does Juliet want Jack to kill Henry?
6. Why do the writers keep writing flashback which emphasize the exact same character trait?
7. How stupid was the wedding when they said, "You get what you see." Could they at least be mildly subtle.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jack's plan to get them free was pathetic, especially considering Juliet would prefer Ben be dead anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]
From Jack's perspective I think it was a good plan. He doesn't know they're on alcatraz, and he knows that the others besides juliette do NOT want ben dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you can say he knows that. He might suspect it, but he doesn't know it.

If what Juliet told him with the placards is the truth (or even resembles the truth), he's trying to use Ben's life as a bargaining chip with people who may actually want to see him deposed, and who might be indifferent to his death.

He might have figured, or guessed, that Juliet is lying / making a move for the leadership, and is hoping that threatening to kill Ben might force acquiescence from the rest of them, but he surely can't be certain that every Other is 100% loyal to Ben.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One is that we're not with our main people enough, and the other is [that people are] sick and tired of seeing redundant flashback stories. You can't have your cake and eat it, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

the other alternative, of course, is for them to concentrate on moving the story forward with the main characters and only doing backstories that are not redundant.

most of that interview I liked...but that part I did not. they are basically admitting that they have some desire to stall and string along the series by introducing new characters that had zero relevance to seasons 1 and 2, instead of concentrating on current 'island time' events with the known Losties.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing I got out of the interview is that there's a line which sort of hints at the fact that while they have the final answers to the big question - where is the island, how will they get off, etc - they didn't sound like they know exactly WHEN that will happen. So the discussions we've had before on here regarding how many seasons this will go is probably tied into that. My read on the comment is that they still know exactly where they want to go, but they're trying to balance that with the number of episodes or seasons that the network may be pressuring them with.

So perhaps they're being forced to stretch things out a bit, which is probably tough.

I'll say again, this is still better than 99% of what's on TV IMO, so I'll be eagerly awaiting February to roll around. I'm especially looking forward to seeing how they handle Desmond's storyline.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy Crap was this the worst Lost episode of the season easily. I just watched it and immediately wanted to drop Lost as a regular view. The mushy love crap was horribly done. Jack's plan to get them free was pathetic, especially considering Juliet would prefer Ben be dead anyways. The voice box coming up and telling jack to use the door was dumb. "Did Alex ask about me" was the only interesting part in the entire show.

Usually I spend the time going through all of the pages of these threads for interesting stuff after I finally get to watch each one. This week, I don't want to bother. I'm that turned off by this episode.

Bleh Bleh Bleh.

Ray

[/ QUOTE ]

Go play FFXII or something. Hater.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He might have figured, or guessed, that Juliet is lying / making a move for the leadership, and is hoping that threatening to kill Ben might force acquiescence from the rest of them, but he surely can't be certain that every Other is 100% loyal to Ben.

[/ QUOTE ]
He can be pretty sure that a majority of the others currently surrounding ben/juliette want ben alive, otherwise they could all just kick ben's ass together. But juliette told jack that if he killed ben, they could easily pass it off as an accident. That gives jack reason to believe his plan would work.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:28 PM

"1. What the deal with stick?"

Maybe the island that Jack, Sawyer and Kate are on is North and now Lock, Sayid and co. are going to head north to help/save whatever?