Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2006, 06:32 PM

Default Quick boring ruling question

5-5 no limit.

I am utg. I look at 66 and grab 4 chips. Not delaying at all other than the few seconds it took to grab my chips. I look up to see two guys behind me have mucked and one has limped.

Im like wtf hold on and i throw my 20 out there.

Dealer says no you cant raise 3 people already acted. Im like fine w/e ill limp.

Shes like no you cant do that either your hand is dead.

Im like wtf?

She calls the floor over to explain it and they also tell me my hand is dead.

Is this a standard rule?

I understand the thinking regarding angle shooting but they guys behind me acted literally within like 5 seconds of being dealt cards and the dealer did nothing to try to stop or slow them down.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:38 PM

Default Re: Quick boring ruling question

[ QUOTE ]
I understand the thinking regarding angle shooting but they guys behind me acted literally within like 5 seconds of being dealt cards and the dealer did nothing to try to stop or slow them down

[/ QUOTE ]

If it really took 5 seconds I think that is long enough to decalre your hand dead for not protecting your action. 5 seconds is a long time when nobody knows you are in. The dealer should call the floor rather than declaring your hand dead (the dealer can't declare hands dead).
Old 10-22-2006, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I understand the thinking regarding angle shooting but they guys behind me acted literally within like 5 seconds of being dealt cards and the dealer did nothing to try to stop or slow them down

[/ QUOTE ]

If it really took 5 seconds I think that is long enough to decalre your hand dead for not protecting your action. 5 seconds is a long time when nobody knows you are in. The dealer should call the floor rather than declaring your hand dead (the dealer can't declare hands dead).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm i just estimated five seconds cuz i thought it seemed small.

It was simply the time it took for me to look at my hand and then grab 4 chips. Assuming everyone else has to look at their hand too and we all do it at similar speed, bascially 3 ppl acted in the however many seconds it took me to grab 4 chips, mb closer to 2 seconds?
Old 10-22-2006, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was simply the time it took for me to look at my hand and then grab 4 chips. Assuming everyone else has to look at their hand too and we all do it at similar speed, bascially 3 ppl acted in the however many seconds it took me to grab 4 chips, mb closer to 2 seconds?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless the dealer or other players speak up and said there was no way you could have acted on your hand the burden rests on you to protect your action when the first player goes out of turn.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless the dealer or other players speak up and said there was no way you could have acted on your hand the burden rests on you to protect your action when the first player goes out of turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK TY.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:50 PM

Most places you're SOL. I'd ask the dealer to please make sure the players play in turn from now on.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:59 PM

i like that you were trying to raise 66 utg though.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like that you were trying to raise 66 utg though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont get it.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:21 PM

it wasn't a joke. most newer nl players limp that stuff - even a lot of old school 2p2 nits, but raising it utg is good and aggressive. i'm assuming full game since it was live.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it wasn't a joke. most newer nl players limp that stuff - even a lot of old school 2p2 nits, but raising it utg is good and aggressive. i'm assuming full game since it was live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

FWIW this game was a total joke and Im not even sure raising 66 there was correct because the other guys were completely clueless and would pretty much play exactly the same vs a raise or a limp.

For example, after I was forced to fold, the guy to my left took it down with 32s on a 235 flop and after he showed everyone was like oh good thing they made you fold huh? (talking to me)

And the guy immediatly piped up, "no I was suited I woulda still called"

But I was combating their horribleness by playing pretty crazy preflop myself so I could be sure to stack one of em if I flopped anything [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]