Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 03:50 PM

Default quick hand report

2-5 NL Borgata. UTG (scared tight sitting with 400 or so) limps, UTG+1 (complete fish with 800 or so) makes it 25. I call on button with q7o planning to take it away on the flop. Also, I'm pretty drunk and am feeling bulletproof. UTG calls, 80 in the pot.

Flop 842 rainbow, and UTG bets 40. UTG+1 Fish pushes out chips; after the chips are over the line he says call and then realizes that he accidentally put in 80. He immediately pulls them back and says I just wanted to call, sorry. The dealer says fine but be more careful. I immediately start raising hell and call the floor over. I tell the floor what happened and demand that he be forced to raise. Fish starts cussing me out and the floor tells him to shut up or he'll be kicked out. Floor sorts it out and tells fish that it's a raise. I immediately reraise to 250. Limper instafolds, and fish chucks his cards across the table at me, hitting me in the chest. I show, and UTG+1 starts back with the language, this time adding in a few threats. Floor boots the fish.

I feel sort of bad, mainly because I probably cost the table the fish's remaining $700 by showing my hand to push him over the top. Thoughts?
Old 11-12-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: quick hand report

Bring lots of sunblock because where youre going, youre gonna need it.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:56 PM

nah nh lol, not your fault those guys cant control themselves. You can't have thought you were going to get them kicked out of the game by bluffing them, most of the time after you show here they'll be tilting off their stack within 5 mins
Old 11-12-2007, 03:56 PM

seems standard at the borgata nice play
Old 11-12-2007, 03:58 PM

if someone threw their cards and hit me, i show the bluff and chuck it straight back at his face and then think wwtjd and then do just that

(note: wwtjd = what would teejay do?)