Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Rate her.
1 4 0.64%
2 2 0.32%
3 4 0.64%
4 12 1.92%
5 34 5.43%
6 139 22.20%
7 250 39.94%
8 144 23.00%
9 34 5.43%
10 3 0.48%
Voters: 626. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 05:32 PM

Default Re: November Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I played a hand so badly last night in the 15/30 at Hollywood Park that I'm going to post it, in the hopes that the shame will help me avoid doing it again in the future.

It was a fantastic game, everyone having a good time, all kinds of crazy suckouts happening. Villain in the hand is on my right, a very nice British guy who will play any two cards. He tends to raise with good hands (he's been showing me his hands all night when I'm not in the pot), but sometimes raises with crap too (beat me earlier when he capped with 35s and rivered two pair).

A bunch of limpers, and Villain raises from the SB. In the BB, I call with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Okay, I probably should have folded, but that's not the part I'm concerned about.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets, I call [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] One other player calls, everyone else folds.

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (not sure about this card, but I know it was a club, and not a face card).

SB bets, I call [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], the other player calls too.

River: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets, I call [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

The other guy folds, SB turns over KJo, and I win the pot. To say I was embarrassed to show the hand would be an understatement.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah folds preflop.

You played your AA hand worse at the must move. Either CR turn or 3 bet the flop. Your hand is obv good against that mexican guy. That was LOL funny when he raised your turn donk and then checks behind on the river when he makes top 2 pair with KQo
The suckout was brutal, but really you should kiss him on the mouth for giving you a free showdown
<3 hollywood park
Old 11-06-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I played a hand so badly last night in the 15/30 at Hollywood Park that I'm going to post it, in the hopes that the shame will help me avoid doing it again in the future.

It was a fantastic game, everyone having a good time, all kinds of crazy suckouts happening. Villain in the hand is on my right, a very nice British guy who will play any two cards. He tends to raise with good hands (he's been showing me his hands all night when I'm not in the pot), but sometimes raises with crap too (beat me earlier when he capped with 35s and rivered two pair).

A bunch of limpers, and Villain raises from the SB. In the BB, I call with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Okay, I probably should have folded, but that's not the part I'm concerned about.

Flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets, I call [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] One other player calls, everyone else folds.

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (not sure about this card, but I know it was a club, and not a face card).

SB bets, I call [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img], the other player calls too.

River: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets, I call [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

The other guy folds, SB turns over KJo, and I win the pot. To say I was embarrassed to show the hand would be an understatement.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah folds preflop.

You played your AA hand worse at the must move. Either CR turn or 3 bet the flop. Your hand is obv good against that mexican guy. That was LOL funny when he raised your turn donk and then checks behind on the river when he makes top 2 pair with KQo
The suckout was brutal, but really you should kiss him on the mouth for giving you a free showdown
<3 hollywood park

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're thinking of someone else, because I didn't play in the must move game last night...at the time I got seated (finally, after waiting >1.5 hours) there was only one game. I'm also assuming I'd remember if I lost with aces like that, though I don't take anything for granted these days.

Did you play in the main game though? I was in the 9 seat from 8:30 to 12:30 or so.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're thinking of someone else, because I didn't play in the must move game last night...

[/ QUOTE ]

He's got you confused with the poster "Half Dozen of the Other"...natural mistake, IMO
Old 11-06-2007, 07:35 PM

I just remembered a really sick hand from Sunday.

150/300 Stud hilo regular (no qualifier for low), mike the jeweler limps with like a 4 in the door, I complete (AA)4, george calls with an 8. 4th i catch an A mike gets a T george gets a 5, I bet both call, 5th mike has 4T4, george is like 855 and I'm A4J, I bet, george raise mike call, I 3bet both call, 6th george is 855K, mike is 4T4paint and I'm A4J2 I bet they both call

river I fill with a deuce and bet, george calls, mike raises, I 3bet, george folds really fast and mike calls. I turn my hand over and pull my bets back bc its obv gonna be a chop

mike tables 888 for his hole cards so his hand is 88844paintT, I have AAA224J my low is a pair of aces, his is a pair of fours. I have scooped the pot with a full house in hilo regular.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:32 PM

easy game. that's rather strong.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

mike tables 888 for his hole cards so his hand is 88844paintT, I have AAA224J my low is a pair of aces, his is a pair of fours. I have scooped the pot with a full house in hilo regular.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, dumb rules question. So a pair of aces is the lowest possible pair (lower than deuces)? Your low is AA24J?
Old 11-06-2007, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think you're thinking of someone else, because I didn't play in the must move game last night...at the time I got seated (finally, after waiting >1.5 hours) there was only one game. I'm also assuming I'd remember if I lost with aces like that, though I don't take anything for granted these days.

Did you play in the main game though? I was in the 9 seat from 8:30 to 12:30 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

there was a must move running when I arrived at 11ish, so they must have started it up after you sat. I think it broke around midnight or so, and I had to wait for loooong time before sitting. The guy I am thinking of must have taken your seat when you left, b/c he was in seat nine, but before that he was in seat 5. He was the 45ish russian looking guy.

The reason I placed you in seat 9 was b/c u said you were to the left og the brit.

Here's a funny hand I played against the brit:

I raise EP with KK. 7 to the flop of A85r.

Checked around to the brit who fires. 3 callers. I call, because I think my hand might be good and I almost have odds for my two outer, and b/c the limpers are so bad they don't need to have an ace, and the brit seems aggro.

Anyway, the turn is an A, so the board is A85A. Checked to the brit again and he bets and then comments "it's gonna be jackpot" so I think that means he is bluffing, and if he isn't then I get to gamboooool on a jackpot, so I call, and the worst player in the universe overcalls.

River deuce is checked through, and brit tables 87. Mhig bitches.

Another hand, I had TT, and 3 bet an almost all in EP raiser 4 players to the flop of 892. I bet and 3 see the ace come off on the turn. I get CR by the brit and I decide to fold, but before I do I ask if he'll show. He says sure. Brit flashes his A8o. LOL, nice call PF dude. He was supernice, and I loved playing with him.

The table got soooooo much better after you left. This 65 year old italian guy who smelled like a barrel of brandy, and kept bragging about how he is an old gardena lowball pro, and he hasn't worked since 73 was sooooo hilarious.

4 players to the flop of AK3 2 flush. SB checks. I bet my KT. Blotto geezer agonizes and calls. Turn is a J. I bet again. He calls. River is a 7, no flush. Check check. He tables Q2o no draw. LOL. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Later in the session he 5 bet the tightest player in the game on a KK5 flop with QJ no draw, and then checkraised the turn when he paired. I guess his specialty was backdoor broadway draws?

He kept standing up in the middle of hands and holding his hands in the air, and he couldn't figure out how many chips to put in for a raise. He would also say hilarious stuff when he bet like "[censored] or get off the pot"

It was like he was pulling some kind of Mike Caro shtick that never got to the EV punchline. He knew the brit from back in the old days, so he might have been telling the truth about being an old time lowball pro. I dunnoz.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, dumb rules question. So a pair of aces is the lowest possible pair (lower than deuces)? Your low is AA24J?

[/ QUOTE ]

For the low Aces are the smallest possible pair.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For the low Aces are the smallest possible pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh ok. I was going to ask the same question. Is it always that way [ AA = 11] or just in that particular game?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:58 PM

aces are high and low in every kind of poker that i'm aware of other than 2-7. in this situation they are low because that's how you make your best 5 card hand, the same thing would happen if 2 people had a full house in razz.
Closed Thread