Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 05:15 AM

Default HU PLO tourney

x-posted in HSNL

Following discussion in the low content thread and the apparent success of the HSNL HU tourney, I think there might be enough interest to get one of these going in PLO.

HU freezeouts or best-of-3, blinds not to increase, in each round. Someone reputable to organise, bitch at Stars, draw, and escrow money. Do we have, say, 16 players at $2k each? Other suggestions welcome.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:07 AM

Default Re: HU PLO tourney

bleh, gonna need to win a little over the next week to do it for $2k, we'll see though
Old 07-28-2007, 10:32 AM

I'm in, but we might have trouble getting many PLO posters who want to play for 2k... I bet we can get alot of HSNL guys though.

If we can't get 16 we could bump it down to 1k, or else we could start a second smaller tournament.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:45 PM

I'd be happy to organize it if that isn't a problem. You probably should wait till the HSNL HU MTT is over before we get this thing running. Since stars already has the custom HU private tables, maybe we could just use that same structure and translate it to PLO. Think its 300bb starting stacks and blinds don't increase. Would that take too long? I can't imagine many posters from the PLO forum playing in this; at least not 16. I can think of some high stakes players that might be down though. I just hope this goes down, would be great to generate some more interest in this forum.

I'll x-post this in the CR PLO forum. Not much traffic there either, but can't hurt.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:52 PM

I would absolutely love to play in this if it happened a few months ago when I was doing better financially. No way I can afford a $2,000 buy-in right now though.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:58 PM

Wow, just read the xpost in HSNL and it seems like alot of them might be interested; obv stinger wants in. Sounds like a best of 5 or 7 match with 200bb at no escalating blinds is sort of the favorite structure right now.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:01 PM

No money on Starsssssssssssss, gonna have to swap with someone
Old 07-28-2007, 02:03 PM

2k is too much for me but I'll keep an eye on this and would be interested a similar "Open" tourney for bragging rights and a nominal buy-in. Hopefully we could get everyone playing including higher stakes players so maybe do this after the 2k event.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:12 PM

its a good idea to run a smaller event with maybe $50-100 buy in i would definatly play that, or maybe we could have a monthly standard MTT for the posters here with say a $25 buy in? this would create some interest at the very least, if it took off we could incorperate some kind of league table based on your monthly finishing positions for bragging rights!
Old 07-28-2007, 02:15 PM

I may be in for a 2k event, 400-1k for sure though. I think it would be a good challenge to square off with some HSNL guys, so if they won't play less than 2k I might be able to do it anyway.