Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: 100r: Weird spot with big overpair

I think stealthmunk can definitely have 99-TT here, maybe out of line with some other things, but when I see his coldcall preflop I'm thinking midpair moreso than other things. I don't think he coldcalls AA/KK from the sb when COP is going to call here just about all the time.

I'd shove, there's so much money in the pot (about your stack worth on the flop) and I think stealthmunk is bet/folding a decent amount of the time here against you and snapcalling COP's shove.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think stealthmunk can definitely have 99-TT here, maybe out of line with some other things, but when I see his coldcall preflop I'm thinking midpair moreso than other things. I don't think he coldcalls AA/KK from the sb when COP is going to call here just about all the time.

I'd shove, there's so much money in the pot (about your stack worth on the flop) and I think stealthmunk is bet/folding a decent amount of the time here against you and snapcalling COP's shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

very very good point. This was basically what I was trying to tell superfluous over AIM, but you said it much much better. i think this is a very tough spot but that this is by far the strongest reason for shoving
Old 07-26-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he coldcalls AA/KK from the sb when COP is going to call here just about all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't that a reason why he should just cold call?
Old 07-28-2007, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he coldcalls AA/KK from the sb when COP is going to call here just about all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

even if you have aces or kings, a 3 way pot oop is sucky. especially when the guy you want to stack is between you and the aggressor.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

even if you have aces or kings, a 3 way pot oop is sucky. especially when the guy you want to stack is between you and the aggressor.

[/ QUOTE ]
Meh, it's not, like, awesome, but as long as postflop is basically "get it in on a board that isn't like JT9 rainbow," it's not terrible.

Me, I would 3-bet to a number that looked like I wanted a fold but still was leaving room to fold to a shove. 7500 sounds about right; perhaps Leo will think "aha he thinks i'm trying to iso COP and is restealing! i will show him!"