Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2006, 06:40 PM

Default $200k win in 45minutes?

Anyone else get the most recent issue of Bluff magazine and read the article about the two guys living in Dallas who are 19 and 20? The author describes watching one of then six table for about 45min and win around $200k. Apparently it's not that unusual for him to win or loose amounts like that in sessions.

Is it just me or if you were doing this would you really want it documented in a magazine? I'm not saying I don't think it's possible but geez, I sure wouldn't want that fact, with my full name, my picture and approximately where I live (in a state/city where the local PD is cracking down on underground poker rooms in a BIG way btw) in a magazine.

So is it just me being overly paranoid? Interesting article and the guys sure sound like they're having a fine time - just hope that article doesn't bring them any unpleasant attention.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:42 PM

Default Re: $200k win in 45minutes?

Durr and Raptor?
Old 12-24-2006, 06:42 PM

Nope never heard of 'em. It's all a fabrication.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:51 PM

haha whatever we pay our taxes. stm. holla
Old 12-24-2006, 06:53 PM

stm= ship the money?
Old 12-24-2006, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stm= ship the money?

[/ QUOTE ]

obv. holla
Old 12-24-2006, 07:14 PM

LOL ok then, I guess they HAVE been heard of and are in fact here and now. Glad to hear you pay your taxes, the IRS you don't wanna piss off. Assuming you don't piss off the feds, if some local cops get a hair up their ass are you 100% sure they can't take that article and go get a warrant to come kick your door down? ("Hey look, these guys are making a fortune playing poker on the internet which is supposedly not legal.")

And thats just law enforcement, don't even want to think about the criminal elements! I'm just saying man, who knows what evil bastards read Bluff magazine lol.

Nice article on you boys by the way - I live in Grapevine myself, don't feel too bad saying that here since I know so much about you lol. I play at a local underground place, Winstar and Vegas a few times. Did play on the Internet til friggin Party bailed on me. I've just started out this year (March) and am working on improving and moving up. You ever need anybody to buy you liquor, let me know lmao... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2006, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
("Hey look, these guys are making a fortune playing poker on the internet which is supposedly not legal.")

[/ QUOTE ]

Online poker is not illegal.

(Unless you live in Washington state.)
Old 12-24-2006, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did play on the Internet til friggin Party bailed on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are other poker sites apart from Party, I wonder how many people just plain dont realise this? A lot, I imagine.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:55 PM

I actually realize that there are other places - Stars, FTP, Doyle's, etc - I don't live under a rock. Just not bothered to try any of them out. I played very heavily while my underground joint was closed for the summer, congress freaked, Party bailed and underground opened back up about the same time. And I've just figured out Winstar is only like 45min from me if I don't drive all around a monkeys ass to get there.

Since it's my own thread, I don't feel bad hijacking it: Stars, FTP, Doyles or ? if I'm going to open an account at a new place with the idea to start small (1/2-2/4 to start and yes I know this isn't the right forum but this is where I'd like to work towards so it sorta IS the right forume) and work my way up?

Merry XMas to all yall [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]