Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 10:41 AM

Default Thoughts on AQo push - $30 donkament

22 people to start, top 3 get paid. unlimited rebuys first hour. Start with 3000, blinds 25-50, blinds increase every 20 minutes.

Past the rebuy period, 11 left, one until the final table. Sitting on 10,000 with blinds 500-1000. 5-handed, pick up AQo, push all in from cut off.

Was this a decent push? I'm 3rd in chips at my table. Button has about 17,000 and BB has about 15,000.

PS: Button is tight, BB is awful and will call with any ace or two face cards, even though its 66% of his stack. I have SB covered, and he is pretty tight as well.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:51 AM

Default Re: Thoughts on AQo push - $30 donkament

No Antes?

Yeah, I push. It sucks that there aren't any antes, but it's 5 handed and BB's propensity to call with any ace / two face cards gives you a tremendous amount of value to push and, conversely, puts you in a tough spot if you raise to 3000.

Barry
Old 07-26-2007, 10:52 AM

I'll go easy on you because you're a fellow Met fan. This is a no-brainer push. Noone responded because frankly this question is a waste of time. You have 10bb, it's 5-handed, payout is top heavy, bad players to act who will call with dominated hands and you have a relative monster for the situation.

Sorry you lost to A2o.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:54 AM

I think this is a fairly standard push. Especially with the BB having a wide calling range, you want him to call as you will be ahead a great deal of the time here. There is no chance you can coast into the money with your existing stack. This is a good spot to pick up blinds and/or double up.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:57 AM

Alright thanks guys, Ghost your absolutely right, I just have a tough time when I get the call I want and then it doesn't work out. (it was A-4 actually haha.)
Old 07-26-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright thanks guys, Ghost your absolutely right, I just have a tough time when I get the call I want and then it doesn't work out. (it was A-4 actually haha.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah it sucks... I think dealing with that mental aspect part of the game is the toughest part.