Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2007, 12:23 AM

Default Mixing it up with 85s

My local B&M 1/2 game. Usually it's a loose action fest, but for nearly two hours very little has transpired in the way of big pots. Example: Five limpers to me in SB. I make it $20 on a pure steal and pick up the pot uncontested. This is a rare occurence, and the fact that I even tried it should give you the context for the game conditions.

Okay, several hands later, I'm the third limper in from the CO with 85c. I'm expecting a mutliway 6-7 way flop with good position, but BB makes it $20 to go, and gets a caller. Given my position, I decide to call. To the extent that my game is "known" by the regular players, 85s is not a hand anyone would put me on, so I want to see a flop with big implied odds. I am $400 deep and PFR has me covered.

3 to the flop ($60+) and it's 7c4d3c. BB leads out for $45, other player folds. I make it $125. BB thinks, asks what I have left ($255), then decides to call.

With $310 in the pot, turn is (7c4d3c)5h. BB leads out for $205. I push my remaining $255 and get called.

Leaving aside the preflop decision. My question has to do with the size of my raise on the flop. Given the odds and my outs, $125 commits me to the pot even if PFR comes over the top. So should I have overbet to increase my fold equity? I'm also asssuming that my turn push is automatic given that I've seemingly picked up as as many as 5 additional outs.