Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 06:09 AM

Default 2/4 Lol another AK top pair hand.

Vilain in this Stacysmom. I have him at 21/17/3 so far. seems like a solid 2p2 tag. im pretty sure he is one of you. seems like he plays well. Turn raise is weird. I am thinking this raise can mean a strong made hand, a marginal made hand, or a semibluff with good equity, but i might be way off with this and im not sure what his range is weighted towards, so im a bit lost. I don't have much history with villain and he should view me as a tighter TAG. Is this a simple case of get that [censored] in with TPTK in a RR pot on the turn or river?

Poker Stars, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $400
UTG: $494.85
Hero (CO): $603.40
BTN: $400
SB: $603.05

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $12</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $44</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls $32

Flop: ($94) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($94) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $70</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $188</font>
Old 11-01-2007, 06:36 AM

Default Re: 2/4 Lol another AK top pair hand.

I think his turn checkraise is a re-bluff. He's not putting you on anything on the flop and he's struggling to see how the 5c helped you.

BTW - Why did you check the flop?
Old 11-01-2007, 06:49 AM

Im not sure that my reasoning for checking the flop is a sound one, but I had been playing poorly checking some flops and having trouble continuing on the turn at the table in some hands.

Once I checked the flop on a dry K high board (bad play, i know) against same villain, bet the turn and got checkraised and folded air. The other ones were me checking behind bad flop textures and giving up on turns. These other hands occurred in raised pots, not reraised pots though.

I am thinking i just played a few hands badly by checking flops at this table and was looking to possibly capitalize on check flop = i am giving up image.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:02 AM

Wow, I def think this is close but I think I lean towards a fold. I'm not sure how often he flatcalls a 3b UTG and then decides to turn like 1010-QQ into a bluff. I think he shows up with like AK, KK+ or a set here more often than air, though I don't know his 4b tendencies. I think I can let this go tbh.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:08 AM

with that read "
Once I checked the flop on a dry K high board (bad play, i know) against same villain, bet the turn and got checkraised and folded air. "

I go broke here.

Plus, if you check that flop, I think you have to go broke on this turn.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:10 AM

Easy call at 5/10, and I think its a call at 2/4 too.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:10 AM

board is too drawy to think that villain would be checking twice I call and call most rivers. If he is good he should bluff riv after bluffing turn cuz your hand seems like less than a K