Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2007, 10:00 PM

Default Lawyers: legal opinion

I had to write a legal opinion for a business law class. I know this is going to come off as a "I need help with my homework post" but, I've already written my opinion because I do need to learn this stuff for the class, as we only have 3 grades in the class and writing this has helped me to learn more about contracts. But I always think its good to get feedback from others, and if you want to help out or give an opinion that would be awesome!

Here is what my professor is grading on
Recognition of Legal Issues

Articulation of Legal Principles (State the rules of law governing the decision.)

Application of the Law
(Do you apply the pertinent law to the facts ?)

Reasoning to the conclusion-
(Do you reach your conclusion in the case by
following the law you cited?)

Grammar, spelling, etc.

Citation of Sources (Be specific.) (Page numbers or outline sections are sufficient.)

Just seeing if you guys pick up on anything I missed, or what you would point out/how you think the case would end up in court.

Chevrolet Excitement v. Harris

For a number of weeks prior to mid-November , 2000, Chevrolet Excitement advertised in a 30 second spot commercial on a weekend television program called “Bowling for Dollars”, that it was giving away a new Chevrolet Cavalier to anyone who bowled a perfect 300 game on the televised program that day. Harris unquestionably was aware of this advertising. In mid-December, Harris entered the week-long tournament which culminated with the finals carried, as usual on the “Bowling for Dollars” television show of December 20, 2000. Harris qualified for the finals, and he threw twelve strikes in a row for a 300 game. Although otherwise rewarded with cash prizes, free Pepsi and the like, Harris wanted a Cavalier. Chevrolet Excitement responded that it had not made advertised the giveaway for over a month. Harris sued.

Thanks for input