Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: SofaMart clowns me, what to do?

[ QUOTE ]
$200 is pretty generous IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]Seriously, wow you're a little bitch OP.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:12 PM

"$200 discount at their store comes off their already marked up prices, and they're still making money on the deal."

Really? How long have you worked there?

"I only suggested the offer of a couch valued up to the ORIGINAL price of the couch OP bought as a solution that would get me out of the store happy."

Well, that was $700. From his story, he negotiated the price down to like $550 and delivery was $80(roughly). So you think the store should offer him, say, $780 worth of merchandise? You know what, let's round up to $830 in case I got any of the numbers wrong.

"At worst, they're not much better than thieves, really."

I know you think can explain this, but you can explain it like a sane adult? The store is out a $200 credit and pissed off a customer. The allegations of malice make you sound insane. This was an honest and understandable mistake.

"Do I expect that they would do it? No. But I prefer to start high and see how high I can bring them with me. "

I'm suspect that this "starting high" negotiating tactic bears a striking resemblance to a temper tantrum.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
SofaMart has monumentally clowned me and I need some advice.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditch SofaMart and go to Sofa King!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha. I was going to post that.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:18 PM

Old 08-29-2007, 06:22 PM

There's a difference here between what they SHOULD do legally and what they should do in terms of good customer service.

If I'm running the store, they're getting a new couch asap for 830 or whatever. We took their couch, we didnt' get them a new one, we [censored] up and we aren't going to charge the more money and/or leave them couchless.

However, in terms of what I think they're obligated to do, thank your lucky stars you got the 200 bones.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:30 PM

FlyWF,

What an idiotic reply. You seriously think I need to work there to know they mark up prices? Its called retail! The store purchases the product or whatever from the supplier, then resells it at a marked up price.

As far as "malice", I'm not saying they were out to get OP. I'm saying its at least somewhat likely that they could have decided to sell it for more money to someone who didn't try to haggle it down from them. Can you post one thing that makes YOU sound like a sane adult?
Old 08-29-2007, 06:50 PM

"The store purchases the product or whatever from the supplier, then resells it at a marked up price."

You are sure that the products are marked up more than $200. Of course they make money on regular sales, but every single piece of furniture in the store has a $200 markup?

"I'm saying its at least somewhat likely that they could have decided to sell it for more money to someone who didn't try to haggle it down from them."

So they agreed to sell it, but instead of putting the sign on it the manager called everyone around and announced that they had given somebody a $150 break on the price of the floor model over there and that if the opportunity arose to sell it again to somebody else for more than $550 they should take it? The store is that hard up for $150, yet when they make a mistake their first offer is $200 credit. That seems to be a fairly terrible business model.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:56 PM

Fly,

Seriously, are you that retarded? That FSU education isn't helping too awful much in the comprehension department is it?

You got it on the head though. When I said I didn't think there was malice, I obviously meant that the manager called everybody around and told them to try to sell it for $700, just so they could make some more money. That's exactly the situation I was describing.

You know, maybe you should just do us all a favor and take a permanent break from 2p2. If the * system was still in effect, this thread would've gotten you banned about 3 posts ago. Jesus Christ. Are your parents brother and sister?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:02 PM

"I'm saying its at least somewhat likely that they could have decided to sell it for more money to someone who didn't try to haggle it down from them. "

You said that 26 minutes ago.

How much store credit is the wrong done the OP worth? It's a simple enough question. Your first attempt at an answer was $670, then you clarified that to $150.

What dollar amount of store credit is fair?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:16 PM

Default The finale of the sofa saga

Hello all,

I wasn't planning on posting anymore about this, but I see a lot of people have replied and they might appreciate hearing the resolution. Thanks to all those who posted actual advice instead of insults.

Yesterday evening my wife and I went down to SofaMart and we spoke with our original salesperson and the store manager about the situation. It was a pleasant conversation believe it or not. The manager was very sympathetic, and we politely stressed that we enjoyed their selection and would like to keep shopping there. The manager told us he'd have to speak with his regional manager to get our request of the new year model delivered to us with no extra charge approved. He said we'd hear back today.

I just got off the phone with the assistant store manager, we'll be getting our new couch delivered tomorrow with no new charges. He even apologized for making us wait so long to get it resolved.

All he asked was that I spread that word that Matt at SofaMart is a swell guy. So there ya have it, SofaMart did what needed to be done to make my wife and I happy, and I'll shop there again.