Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 11:52 AM

Default My ePassporte experience

A couple of weeks ago I recently opened a second account there, using a different bank account and CC from the first account that I had previously opened. Going by the terms and conditions on the website, I expected to be able to raise the limits on this account to $600 daily withdrawal, as I did with my first account, by registering two load methods and paying the $5 fee. However, when I tried to do this, I received a message saying that I didn't have enough load methods, even though I already had two.

When I called the customer service line, I was told that their terms had changed and that now it was necessary to wait 3 months to raise limits, but that their website "had not been updated with the current policy" yet. The policy had already been changed for over a week by then. When I asked them to either honor the policy on their website and allow me to raise my limits or else refund the money I had loaded into my account (and the fees paid), they refused. The CSR supervisor I spoke to even implied that I should have called the customer service line prior to signing up to verify that the policy stated on the website actually still is the current policy.

Since I already had an account with higher limits, he then suggested that I could transfer money from my new account to my old one (for a low fee) and then withdraw it. I did this for a couple of weeks and then all of sudden they blocked access to both of my accounts, with a combined four-figure balance in them. Other than my initial $25 loads, all of this money was transferred from a business account. When I called CS again, they told me that their risk assessment department needed more information to "feel comfortable" with my account, and they will send me some documents to fill out and once they get them they will reopen my account in 7-10 days. I did not receive these documents until I called back 48 hours later and asked them to resend them. When I asked specifically why they needed this information, I was told that only the verification department could answer that, and that the only way I could contact them was via email. I sent them an email last week, but never received a reply.

The documents they sent me requested that I send sensitive financial information, including photographs of the front and back of actual credit cards, via email or fax. I have this information ready to send, but there is no way I would send it unencrypted over email, and the fact that they even asked me do so indicates that they have little understanding of computer security, which is ironic since they are blocking my account for security purposes. I sent them a private message, an email, and then later called to explain this to them and was told that they will not provide me with a secure way of sending this information via email, and if I send it via fax it might not come out clear enough for them so I would have to keep resending it until it does.

At that point I then told them that I did not feel comfortable providing this information to them or continuing to do business with them, and asked that they simply close my account and give me whatever money is currently in there. They refused, telling me that if I did not give them this verification information they would simply keep my money. When I asked to speak with a supervisor, I was told that one was not available and but that I could leave a call back number and one would call me back in 24 to 48 hours.

They are holding a good amount of my money, transferred from a business account that I'm sure does tons of volume on their site, and they don't feel comfortable letting me access my own money! I'm the one who doesn't feel comfortable trusting them with it, or with my financial information, and based on their actions and the quality of the interactions I have had with their customer service department I think I have far better grounds for my concern then they could possibly have for theirs. The fact that they are simply going to steal my money if I don't give them the verification information when they have absolutely no reason to suspect my account is mind-boggling, but it seems par for the course given how this company does business.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Re: My ePassporte experience

Not smart to play mr. tough guy when some random company is holding your money hostage. Give them what they ask for idiot.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:45 PM

Don't have a problem sending the information. The problem is their poor business practices and deplorable customer service. They don't reply to emails and I have to keep calling them and calling them to get anything done. Most of the CSRs are surly, disrespectful, and effectively useless. I called three times so far on this issue and only one person I spoke to was respectful and helpful in any way, a guy named Lee.

As I said, there's no way I'm sending this information via unencrypted email, and anyone who would is taking a huge risk with a lot of sensitive information. I printed it all out and tried faxing it, but (of course) I have received no response and will have to call them again to find out what is going on. Wouldn't be surprised if there is some other problem with what I have sent that they would never tell me about unless I keep calling and asking them.

I've spent a huge of time already trying to get back access to my own money, and still have no idea how far along the process is and how much longer it will take. Keep in mind that they have never accused me of any wrongdoing (nor have I engaged in any) and will not even give me a reason why they are doing this other than that they want to "feel more comfortable" having me as a customer. I don't think that is something they will have to worry about in the future.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:25 PM

it sure sounds like you were laundering money
Old 07-16-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-16-2007, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
Old 07-20-2007, 02:24 PM

Default ePassporte update

So far one week without access to funds. Called today (Friday) to check on status and was told they had not received documents on account #2. Told them I uploaded them to the message center on Tuesday as they told me to do. I also had faxed them on Monday but that seems to have went down a black hole.

Account #1 they had received the most of the documents I sent Tuesday but they didn't get my bank statement (even though I uploaded it). They actually sent me an email on Wednesday morning telling me this and asking me to send it again, which I did that same afternoon, but they didn't have any record of having received it. And I sent all of these via the secure message center on their own website. If I go to their website and check my outbox all of the messages are there.

No idea when I'm going to get my money back at this point. And I'm still not sure how transferring money to myself could possibly be money laundering. I guess nobody else can explain that either. Also don't forget the idea of transferring money from one account to the other was their idea, and only something I needed to do because they would not allow me to raise my limits as their terms stated I would be able to do when I joined. Can't imagine any other online company refusing to honor the terms posted on their own website. I would have switched to another processor then but I didn't know of any alternative. Now I have found one.