raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2007, 12:17 PM

Default Re: NL Bots oSn Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BJ- where did you play when your account was frozen?

[/ QUOTE ]

I played live.

[/ QUOTE ]

how convienent

If they really play by some system couldn't they do this without being in the same room together cheering each other on to break even

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I played live.

[/ QUOTE ]why not on another site? You have a "system" don't you? Why wouldn't it work on Stars?

[/ QUOTE ]

No RB -- see my post above
Old 05-10-2007, 12:18 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

TeddyFBI- I might be wrong here, but isn't shortstacking such a simplistic system that you're not likely to see much deviation over big samples?
Old 05-10-2007, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played live.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. They have live poker in Pittsburgh?
2. Why would you play live instead of a different online site? That seems a bit weird to me.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I played live.

[/ QUOTE ]why not on another site? You have a "system" don't you? Why wouldn't it work on Stars?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure it would. Having our accounts locked was a very stressful time, and we weren't sure if the reason it was happening was due to us playing in the same room or not, so why continue with any online play? Full Tilting cleared us, by the way, so my appearance in this forum is mearly to try to clear things up, and not to "win" any debates. I haven't spun anything, by the way, you guys are the ones distorting the facts. Peace like hair grease.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:24 PM

Just heard that Poker Stars and Full Tilt are implementing a visual smear input at each BB to ensure bots are at least not entirely automated. BJ told me!
Old 05-10-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TeddyFBI- I might be wrong here, but isn't shortstacking such a simplistic system that you're not likely to see much deviation over big samples?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that's the whole point -- I want to take the MOST simplistic system we know of and see just how similar stats from a SINGLE human player compare with each other across different samples. My hypothesis is that even looking at the most RIGID of RIGID systems (shortstacking), and comparing different subsets of stats from a single player, we are unlikely to see the ridiculously low level of deviation that we see between the sweatshop/potential-botters' play. Doing that analysis will give us 1 of 2 results (either of which would be potentially informative):

1) If we DO see a similar level of absurd correlation, the accusers (at least those who are relying mostly on the stats as the basis for their bot case) will have to at the very least admit that following a rigid system can POSSIBLY lead to the near parallel-correlation in post-flop stats seen with the NLnut "sweatshop".

2) If, however, a shortstacker's stats across dif samples still don't align to the extent that do those of the "sweatshoppers", it will only add another nail in the coffin of their "alibi" >> we'd be able to say that IF their story is true, then they would have been able to follow a pre-arranged system with a higher degree of faithfulness and rigidity than has ever been witnessed before, EVER. (dubious)
Old 05-10-2007, 12:26 PM

Just read the whole thing, I just don't understand how the stats can be that close.....it's impossible.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:28 PM

I havent read every post in here, so maybe this has been posted (if it has just tell me, and ill go find it), but

Has anyone posted the times theese players play? Ive just seen a few posts talking about how they always play at the same time and its like 5 hours sessions and what not. But what are the time frames? Is it noon-5 every day? Or do they wildly differ? are they ever on in the middle of the night? Have they ever played not with each other?? Or where 2 played and 1 didnt?

If these are a group for 30+ year old guys, seems like wildly vary times with middle of the night sessions wouldnt jive. Same as if one of them was never absent or if one of them never logged in alone.

Have any of them ever timed out?

As for the FTP response, they are really effed no matter what they do (Which is prolly why they havent responded). If they come on and say wow we messed up, weve looked at this some more and they are bots, then it just shows their original investigation sucked, and we lose faith in their ability to handle these issues. If they come on and say, we already looked into this, they were exonerated and we are confident in our findings, plenty of people lose faith in their abilities because it seems the majority of people are convinced the players are bots. Damned if they do damned if they dont.

oh, and for everyone whos talking about how this is a 60 page thread or whatever, do yourself a favor and go into your settings and make it 99 posts per page. n00bs [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]