Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2007, 05:46 AM

Default Re: Seattle: Your favorite things to do or places to go

I don't really do anything especially Seattley. I like to play pool at Dr. Cues and donk up 3/6 at Goldie's once in a while.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:53 AM

"most beautiful city in America" For me it lost this distinction 30 or so years ago. I should not have posted since I don't really care for any cities. Sorry.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"most beautiful city in America" For me it lost this distinction 30 or so years ago. I should not have posted since I don't really care for any cities. Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

What surpassed it, then? I agree that Seattle is the most beautiful city I have been to. The mountains (both the cascades and the olympics), Mt. Rainer, the sound. On a clear summer evening, I really don't think there is a better looking and more pleasant city in the US.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really do anything especially Seattley. I like to play pool at Dr. Cues and donk up 3/6 at Goldie's once in a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

Limit at Goldie's consumed a good year of my life. Won the jacks monte carlo the first time I ever played poker (back when quads could actually get above $1000), and it's been all down hill ever since.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What surpassed it, then? I agree that Seattle is the most beautiful city I have been to. The mountains (both the cascades and the olympics), Mt. Rainer, the sound. On a clear summer evening, I really don't think there is a better looking and more pleasant city in the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ed's remembering the World's fair. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

I agree. Rain aside, it is a beautiful city(and surrounding areas). Especially in the summer. It's one place where during the summer there's alot of greenery instead of everything being yellowed and scorched.

I still like California better overall. 9 months of overcast and drizzle sucks. People seem alot friendlier/happier too.

b
Old 03-15-2007, 05:05 PM

People are polite to a fault in Seattle. And on the passive-aggressive scale they make Californians look like Philadelphians.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People are polite to a fault in Seattle. And on the passive-aggressive scale they make Californians look like Philadelphians.

[/ QUOTE ]

But there are plenty of transplants here who don't share this flaw, thankfully.

This thread needs more recommendations of cool places.

KJS
Old 07-27-2007, 09:31 PM

Is the premium outlet mall just outside of seattle pretty good value? My girlfriend is pretty excited about it and I'm just wondering if it is any good or not.

Also, if someone is visiting for the first time what would be like 5 must do's. They can involve travelling outside of city limits and could probably be anywhere within a few hour radius.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the premium outlet mall just outside of seattle pretty good value? My girlfriend is pretty excited about it and I'm just wondering if it is any good or not.

Also, if someone is visiting for the first time what would be like 5 must do's. They can involve travelling outside of city limits and could probably be anywhere within a few hour radius.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely. There are outlets to the South and North I believe. One is definitely loads better than the other. I forget which.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you go to the one North of Seattle, you'll be right next to Tulalip, which is a pretty good cardroom -- you can let the girl shop while you throw dice. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]