Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Neteller Update...

[ QUOTE ]
I'll give even money they will go to jail.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think these guys have earned a vacation at the Club Fed. Its still going to be prison.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:09 PM

The U.S. tends not to be a signatory to any treaties that would limit it's abilities to do whatever the hell it wants. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

From the DOJ Press Release (or by "PR" do they mean "Public Relations"? that's what it reads more like):

"this .. is part of the .. effort to combat unlawful internet gambling through the implementation of federal anti money laundering statutes."

Money laundering is the practice of engaging in financial transactions in order to conceal the identity, source and destination of the money in question. In the past, the term "money laundering" was applied only to financial transactions related to otherwise criminal activity. Today its definition is often expanded by government regulators, such as the SEC, to encompass any financial transaction which is not transparent based on law.

Looks like an eventual intent to potentially eliminate all transactions outside of the country, IMO.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:15 PM

Link to nation's Neteller speculation/consequences thread
Old 01-17-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think this might actually be a good thing. The people arrested have the money to hire good lawyers, and if the beat the case the US govt. will lose its teeth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, the Teeth will bite, way before this case reaches any conclusion...

[/ QUOTE ]

The sites are removing Neteller InstaCash as a deposit option for US customers...
Old 01-17-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think this might actually be a good thing. The people arrested have the money to hire good lawyers, and if the beat the case the US govt. will lose its teeth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, the Teeth will bite, way before this case reaches any conclusion...

[/ QUOTE ]

The sites are removing Neteller InstaCash as a deposit option for US customers...

[/ QUOTE ]

which was going to be gone anyway in all likelihood. InstaCash was a huge racket. NT was making a killing on it. There are replacements out there and there will be more in the near future. Hopefully those who run the next one will be able to resist vacationing in the US.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Where have you been hiding since mid-September ?

[ QUOTE ]
"I really don't want to have to search for another ewallet ...I hope it doesn't come down to that."

WHERE have you been since about mid-September ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm..keeping up with this? How does this prove that I've been under a rock? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I'm just stating that I hope Neteller doesn't pull out of the U.S. market completely because I don't want to have to search for a new ewallet already since I'm in the process of setting up my own Neteller.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I really don't want to have to search for another ewallet ...I hope it doesn't come down to that."

WHERE have you been since about mid-September ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm..keeping up with this? How does this prove that I've been under a rock? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I'm just stating that I hope Neteller doesn't pull out of the U.S. market completely because I don't want to have to search for a new ewallet already since I'm in the process of setting up my own Neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rumors are circulating that a complete Neteller pullout is imminent...
Old 01-17-2007, 04:10 PM

start looking for other deposit options..Stars has echeck..and most other sites have a couple options for US players. I still think the fish will deposit, if they trust the poker site ..they'll trust the banking link provided. (centralcoin / click2pay / etc.)
Old 01-17-2007, 04:24 PM

Why do I feel like the U.S. is turning into a Communist state? This country is great at some things, but sucks at most.

Hey US Govt, it's called PROTECT OUR FREEDOMS, NOT TAKE THEM AWAY!!
Old 01-17-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Court appearance update

Former Neteller director John Lefebvre has been granted bail after an appearance in court in Los Angeles. According to Rebekah Carmichael, press spokesperson from the US Department of Justice, 'he will be released after satisfying the bail conditions of $5m fully secured by cash or property; pre-trial supervision; surrender of all travel documents; and travel restricted to the Central District of California, except for trips to Southern District, New York for Court.'

The other former director Stephen Lawrence is currently in court in St Thomas in the US Virgin islands, attending an, "advice of rights" hearing.

Both defendants are being directed to appear in this district on January 26, 2007, though this is subject to change.

Source: eGaming Review
Closed Thread