Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2006, 12:33 AM

Default top set on monotone board

So my image on the table is 25/20/6 TAG. Been playing hard, stealing constantly and generally outplaying the table. I did just take a bad beat from this guy (like 5 outer bad) so he might think I am tilting. He is 70/1.5 and pretty fishy over 140 hands.

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $/$
3 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Button: $159.10
SB: $74.22
Hero: $318.87

Pre-flop: (3 players) Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($10, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $8</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $16</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $318.87</font>

<font color="blue">So I was figuring he might call me with a high spade and a pair, if he has a lower set or two pair I also extract value from this kind of player. Should I just call though and bet a safe turn, or slow dowm completely to the min-raise?</font>
Old 08-11-2006, 12:58 AM

Default Re: top set on monotone board

I like this line...

An alternate line would be to C/R a non-spade turn. But, I think raising all looks suspicious and will win us money from his good 2nd best hands (set, two pair, pair + NFD).

Get the money in before a scare card comes...(for you or him).

Would you ever do this with AsQx, As10x, or some other drawing type hand??
Old 08-11-2006, 01:01 AM

Checkraising the turn is a bad idea since we cant be sure that villain is going to bet for us. Actually if we check the turn, I'm guessing it gets checked through around %50 of the time or more.

If we're just calling the flop, we have to lead the turn. I'd lead for 35 or so.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Checkraising the turn is a bad idea since we cant be sure that villain is going to bet for us. Actually if we check the turn, I'm guessing it gets checked through around %50 of the time or more.

If we're just calling the flop, we have to lead the turn. I'd lead for 35 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I guess C/R the turn would have to be done with a good read that villian bets after he raises flop, etc.

Calling and leading turn is a good alternate line...