Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Who would you like to see permabanned?

We have over 100,000 accounts on 2+2. Probably over 95% of those accounts are 'model accounts' and cause no problems. I would think a very small percent cause a very large majority of our problems. That small percent makes our modding jobs much more difficult.

1% of 100,000 would be 1,000 users. I think the site would be much better off if 1/10th of 1% or 100 users were removed from the site. The users that would be removed would benefit the site as a whole as many valued users probably quit posting as a result of these few trolls. Losing these few posters would also make modding much easier. We would have much more time to devote to other modding tasks rather than punishing frequent trolls.

I propose each mod can elect up to five accounts to be 'on last call status'. Mat or Ryan could pm each user on the list and inform them they are being considered for a permaban and ip ban where possible. The next misstep and Mat or Ryan could consider a permaban. That is JMHO on making our jobs easier. Who would you nominate for permaban consideration?

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4u
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]