Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Help me pick a game

I used to 12 table the 22's on Party Poker and life was great. I could play mindlessly, get in a few thousand sngs in a month, and be guaranteed a profit, stress free.

Now, I've been playing the $16 Turbos on stars, and they seem much harder. I'm sure they are beatable, and people screw up the mid and end game, but in generally, people seem much tighter early on than they used to be. I pretty much used to expect 3 people to be allin the first hand with JJ AQ, 99.

You can check out my sharkscope under "heyrhett" as proof that I'm not a total donkey, but truthfully, much of that profit came from before the legislation, and I think it was easier then.

I'm looking for a game where I can reliably make at least $3k / month. I have found the 2 table SNGS on stars to seem to be a lot softer than the 1 table sngs. Much more action early on. The other alternative is NL cash. Has that gotten hurt by the legislation as well? Everyone seems to be switching and making a profit there, but is it unreasonable to expect reliable $3k+ / month in a short time?
Old 08-07-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Help me pick a game

You can make 3k a month easy at the 16s, obviously you can switch to cash & do the same or better but you're going to have a learning curve. I don't understand what's so bad about the 16s.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can make 3k a month easy at the 16s, obviously you can switch to cash & do the same or better but you're going to have a learning curve. I don't understand what's so bad about the 16s.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could at the 16's but you will have to play alot of games to do that. Let's say you get a 15% roi in the 16's which is hard to do long term. If you get a 15% roi at the 16's you will get 2.25 cent a game. You would have to play about 1300 games to earn about 3k a month. That's without rakeback so I guess it's not that hard. It's probably more realistic to get 10% roi at the 16's? You will have to play 2000 games a month to earn 3000 dollars a month without rakeback. For me it's very hard to play 2000 sng's a month. If you play 2000 16's a month you will get about 540 dollars a month from rb if you reach super nova. Hoped that helped. I just hate the variance of sng, they can be killer.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:21 PM

He 12 tables, 1300 isn't hard.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:43 PM

Yeah, I can play over 3-4k sngs / month no problem. The question is if I can do 10% ROI at the 16's still doing that. I have not played enough games to prove myself a 10% ROI winner at the 16's 15 tabling in recent times. I guess spacegravy was doing that, right? Anyone else?
Old 08-07-2007, 07:56 PM

i 8 table the 15s and have a 15%ish roi so far-- phishfiend is my name if anyone cares to sharkscope isolate the 15s....i think i might like to switch to cash play asell but heres a seperate thread for that...stars ssngs ar def harder then party was back in the day...retardedish post...sorry im a turdnugget...gl with the 15s even though they seem pretty [censored] grindy lately esp with all these 2+2ers weaselin around
Old 08-07-2007, 08:11 PM

I was at 19% over my last 2k games at the 16s before moving up and I really think that 21ish% is doable (I have improved a lot since moving up). A good way to estimate profit at the 16s is just to multiply your estimated games by 3, it can be a little high but def doable.

btw, i think space was like...17ish%, and he 25 tables so an ROI like 19 or 20 is definetely achievable only playing 12.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:01 PM

Wow, this is encouraging. If I could multiply my 16's by 3 for profit and make $12k / month, that would be awesome.

Clearly I have some studying to do. Anyone want to coach me?