Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2006, 02:49 AM

Default No more sets, please!

All day sets have been killing me. I knew it was bad but didn't realize how bad until I just went back and checked.

I was dealt a pocket pair and hit my set on the flop 13 times today. I can't complain about that. It seemed like I was constantly hitting flops. It was the turns and rivers that didn't treat me well.

Of my 13 flopped sets 2 did not go to showdown. I lost all 11 that did see showdowns. Twice I lost to better sets. Twice I lost to flushes. Five times I lost to straights. I also hit my full house twice. One of those I lost to a better full house and the other lost to a royal flush. Given that this was on Interpoker which allows unlimited raises heads-up and the fact that I'm an idiot, this was very painful.

Maybe it would hurt less if I believed online poker was rigged. Instead, I have to face the obvious truth that I have somehow offended the poker gods. What do I do to get back in their good graces? Sacrifice and chicken or something?
Old 03-07-2006, 02:58 AM

Default Re: No more sets, please!

Fold all pocket pairs pre-flop. Since I started doing it my aces and kings never got cracked.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:31 AM

Default Re: No more sets, please!

[ QUOTE ]
Sacrifice and chicken or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you Jewish? If so, you need to use lamb's blood. And don't forget the door's header -- the jambs aren't enough.

Are you Egyptian? You're SOL.

Are you an Egyptian Jew? Use the blood of your first born and you should be fine. He might not be, though.