Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-01-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Les Miles to Coach Michigan

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Each Les press conference makes me hope he isn't our next coach more. He sounds retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

He makes most SEC fans very happy by staying. It's not like he is some amazing recruiter, the school recruits itself & they have almost complete control on a good High School football state. Not that I like looking at rankings in recruiting, but they have 20 guys this year & not a bunch of highly rated ones. Not impressed. They have the 2nd lowest rating per player in the top 15 on Rivals.

[/ QUOTE ]
Translation: they have the number 14 rated recruiting class according to rivals.

[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, but 14 would not be a bad thing if they didn't have 20 guys committed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2007, 05:01 PM

As a UC alum, season ticket holder and Michigan hater Brian Kelly in my opinion is the best option. He is a proven winner at every level and is in the same mold of a Jim Tressel. With respect to winning at all levels not in coaching strategy or game management. He runs a gimmicky offence and has made some very shaky game management calls at UC this year. His type of offense does not seem to fit the mold of a typical top tier Big ten team but his offense may change as his talent pool increases.

I am rooting for the Iowa coach so Michigan can have another Carr clone. If they do hire the Iowa coach Michigan can expect another 5-10 years of Tressel dominance. Regardless of who the new coach is Miles just sucked the life out of any momentum Michigan had coming. The new coach will have a big hill to climb to gain any equity against TOSU.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Right, but 14 would not be a bad thing if they didn't have 20 guys committed [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Trindon Holiday. Jacob Hester. Both 2*s.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Trindon Holiday. Jacob Hester. Both 2*s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, which is why I prefaced my response saying that recruiting rankings/stars are kind of silly. It's somewhat consensus that LSU has got the guys they want but are being looked at strangely for some of the guys. Just thought that I would point out it's not really hard to recruit at a lot of schools so I would be worried about some of Les' in-game decisions just as I would about a bunch of others.

UF:
Brandon James 3*
Maurice Hurt 3*
Wondy PL 2*
Markihe Anderson 3*
Louis Murphy 3*
Old 12-01-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The rest of the SEC west gets the best end of this deal IMO. Not very impressed by Miles.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-01-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay. CBS just aired a quick talk between their interview chick and Les Miles that happened after the press conference. He said again, "I'm the coach at LSU, I'm going to be the coach at LSU." She said, "Next year?" and he said, "Yes, I'm going to be the coach at LSU next year."

I guess that's that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, because coaches never, ever, ever lie about this stuff.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay. CBS just aired a quick talk between their interview chick and Les Miles that happened after the press conference. He said again, "I'm the coach at LSU, I'm going to be the coach at LSU." She said, "Next year?" and he said, "Yes, I'm going to be the coach at LSU next year."

I guess that's that.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Miles in December 2004, after he received a contract extension at Oklahoma State:
“When I say I'm really happy here, I really am. I don't want to be looked at as (being) in a part-time spot. You got me? I just want you to know – this is a place I want to be. I don't want to talk about anything else, just to let you know.”
A week later, he left for LSU."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/b...px?column_id=8

Third post down. I don't think Miles is above lying about this for a few days...
Old 12-01-2007, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I guess that's that.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Miles in December 2004, after he received a contract extension at Oklahoma State:
“When I say I'm really happy here, I really am. I don't want to be looked at as (being) in a part-time spot. You got me? I just want you to know – this is a place I want to be. I don't want to talk about anything else, just to let you know.”
A week later, he left for LSU."

http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/b...px?column_id=8

Third post down. I don't think Miles is above lying about this for a few days...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hes not coming, Mich would not play these types of shenanigans or would be part of it. Les is an attention whore, the opposite of what Mich wants.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The rest of the SEC west gets the best end of this deal IMO. Not very impressed by Miles.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, we have to play them every year. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2007, 08:46 PM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Herbstreit just came on ESPN and said that he is VERY confident in his sources, and that one of two things could have happened:

a) LSU gave Miles a ridiculous contract that he just could not turn down and beat Michigan to the punch.

b) this saga is not over.

I find it hard to believe that Herby would reiterate how confident he is in his sources on TV. Why not just rescind his comment if its not true?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm