Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2007, 07:28 PM

Default the embarrassment phenomenon

i occasionally suffer from a profound sense of embarrassment for other people. like a tangible feeling of flushed faced wanting to hide embarrassment. the problem is this......

they are usually on tv or a movie doing something stupid.

does anyone else ever get this?

the hide your eyes, omg they didn't just do/say that, how can they ever get out of this situation, they didn't really do that did they feeling?

i never get this in real life. i usually laugh at people making a fool of themselves or when they put their foot in their mouth or ask a stupid question it never ever embarrasses me, in fact i think usually quite enjoy it.

this "phenomenon" makes watching a very funny good show like 'curb your enthusiasm' virtually impossible because larry is always making want to die with his dumb ass antics. not that they aren't funny, but i actually get very uncomfortable when he peaking with his most comedic moments of shame on the show. this is only one fairly poor example of what i am speaking of.

i never get embarrassed personally when i do or say dumb things or make marginally questionable posts like this one. wanting an explanation to something that may or may not be common and may or may not be understandable doesn't embarrass me at all even though it should.

zero embarrassment from me, but when watching a fictional character make an ass out of themselves it is super difficult for me to watch.

any explanations out there? anyone else suffer this same plight?

cheers. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] J.