Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Brag: randomly staked a guy and won $96,600

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow so sick. I'd have sent you - a stranger - $55, thanked you for the loan, and been on my way. My word might be worth something, but not $100k.

I suppose I'd be worried about you hiring lawyers or getting Stars to confiscate the money, or something. I guess I'd have found out if you lived in the same country or not, first.

[/ QUOTE ]

A deal is a [censored] deal, and you are a miserably disgusting human being if you would honestly do what you just said.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play tournaments so, whatever.

So funny, if I'd made a post saying "If I had a really hot sister, I'd probably jerk off about her all the time", no-one on 2+2 would bat an eyelide.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you can see how that thought of hypothetical possibillity can get people creeped out, dont you? Don't dig your hole deeper, mate [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2007, 03:51 PM

Jimm, if this is your plan all along, why would you ever agree to the 70-30 stake in the first place? If you don't think its fair, you should be negotiating something that sounds fair to both parties. Rather than just saying "ya I'll split it 70-30" knowing full well that you plan on keeping all the winnings, except for the tournament fee.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:21 PM

ITS NOT LENDING, ITS STACKING. U GO BUSTO U DONT PAY BACK.
Old 10-18-2007, 04:39 PM

So basically, ignore everything luckyjim says because what he types really isn't what he means.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jimm, if this is your plan all along, why would you ever agree to the 70-30 stake in the first place? If you don't think its fair, you should be negotiating something that sounds fair to both parties. Rather than just saying "ya I'll split it 70-30" knowing full well that you plan on keeping all the winnings, except for the tournament fee.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just saying that when you make the deal, you're not thinking you're going to final table, you're just hoping to cash at all, so it's all theoretical. You agree to the deal because really you don't think it's much of an issue, since you're not likely to win / come near the top. When you DO win / come near the top, you might feel a little regret. And that might influence your actions - even if it shouldn't.

Bit like going halves on a lottery ticket... you'll feel real sore when it comes in.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Bit like going halves on a lottery ticket... you'll feel real sore when it comes in.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, only scum like you feels sore about it
Old 10-18-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, only scum like you feels sore about it

[/ QUOTE ]

You, Sir, are a douchebag. I am hardly "scum" for discussing theoreticals on a message board.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow just wow, is all I can say. Seems like I've committed some BBV blasphemy.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, admitting you would welch on a deal as soon as the price was right has a lot more to do with being a [censored] human being than merely offending BBV

Of course, the real issue is, no one thinks it's "theoretical" on an "internet message board" with you; since your posts are all we have to go on, we think you'd do it, in real life, in actuality, with real money.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:28 PM

ClubbedBoat
ROI: 12443%

Congrats!
Old 10-18-2007, 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why would any staker agree to a 95/5 deal in the first place?

& I'm sure there's some form of agreement they had to together in one of the forums/irc chat logs

[/ QUOTE ]
It would not be the usual deal. As the prizes go up the % for the staker goes down.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is less believable than a straight 5/95 deal, who would stake someone but accept less money back when their horse goes deep in the tournament and actual realizes whatever equity advantage they think they have? I realize you're probably not too smart, but how dumb do you think the rest of us are?