Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 05:42 AM

Default Re: Proper application of Clarkmeister?

Neku, my advice to complement what BBB/OS said is to buy Getting Started in Holdem or Low Limit Holdem (Lee Jones). read, play, rinse repeat. You only need to buy one of these books not both. Just pick one.

I do suspect that it might be worth your while taking your advice from one source and going from there so as to not get confused. The thing with advice is that it isnt always tailored to ones skill level.....it is possible that some "advice" here on this forum and in certain books will cause more harm than good for a beginner. (Neku, with all respect, your suggestion to fold because the 3 bettor must have a bigger pocket pair is very noobish).

goodluck and go get em tiger

ozi

ps please try and take the advice youve been given here in this thread in a postive light and dont just ignore it. I distinctly remember floundering around for a while when I was a rookie and Low Limit Holdem by Lee Jones was the book that put me on the track to being a winning player. gogogo
Old 03-14-2007, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, you better stop reading that stuff. http://performpoker.com/ oversimplifies things to th extend that it becomes almost worthless. If they talk about "giving you the tools to hone your tight-passive style of play" - well, screw that!

[/ QUOTE ]
Geez
According to Performace Poker's survey I'm a TAG! the advantages and disadvantages are explained here
[ QUOTE ]
KEY POINTS FOR THIS STYLE
The Tight Aggressive (for full ring or SNG/MTT) style of play in characterized by:
Playing selective hands based on position and action in front of you
Playing made hands with controlled aggression
Semi-bluffing and Bluffing in selected situations
Taking advantage of table position (or situational position)
Reading other players
Making the most money possible with your winning hands
THE ADVANTAGES OF THIS STYLE

Getting maximum value for the hands you play
Playing a very balanced game that is translatable to tougher table conditions
Creating and ever improving game based on focused attention
This is the game that "Pro's" play
THE DISADVANTAGES OF THIS STYLE

This is the hardest style to learn and requires the highest levels of training and focus
This style takes the most experience to master

[/ QUOTE ]
At least they've got that right. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-14-2007, 10:13 AM

Thanks all.

I have been reading Sklansky's 'Hold 'Em Poker' book, and am awaiting my copy of 'Low Limit HE' (or was that SSHE by Sklansky?). It's just that I want to play while it's edging its way over the Atlantic.

Anyway, PerformPoker's suggestion to play only +- 19 hands concurs more or less with the advice I got on this forum to play only the best 4 groups that Sklansky mentions in 'HEP'.

I welcome all criticism, even harsh, and thank you all for taking your time to deal with my fishness. Meantime, I hope that you guys weren't the two TAGs who were taking my money in last nights session, cuz that would be too much tough love [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]