Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Eternal Sonata?

Just played for about 3-4 hours (prob say 3 just because I'm slow as hell when I play videogames), it's pretty cool. It's basically a lot like the demo, so if you liked the demo then you'll like the game.

The biggest difference is the story (and Chopin) - it's slow to develop so far, but it looks like there's ample room for it to go somewhere cool. The voice acting (and sometimes dialog) is a little corny, but the characters (especially Polka) are fairly interesting so far so I guess that can be forgiven. I've had a couple tough battles (only in boss fights, the dudes hopping around the map are still super easy) that required 2-3 times to get past, so it's not quite a breeze. Apparently as your party level increases, you get new abilities in battle, but also more restrictions which make it more difficult. Example: At level 1, there's no echoes, so no uber-powerful super attacks, but your action gauge only goes down when you move - so, you can stop moving and think about what you want to do next. At level 2, you get the use of echoes, but then once you start moving your action gauge will keep going down until it runs out.

Haven't come across any score pieces yet, don't really know how that works since it was fairly ambiguous in the demo. The village from the demo (Tenuto) is Polka's home and is where the game starts, so everything after that's been new so far.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:08 AM

I found a couple of score pieces in the town in the demo. One was tucked away inside a house in the town. The other was outside near the tree in that large field of flowers. Might be worth looking for. I'm guessing you can probably get some pretty nice items playing/combining music in the game.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:54 AM

Haha, yeah, I found one (in the demo) which got me an "F", I guess that's in the house. I didn't find anything in the flower field.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:19 AM

the only thing that could save ps3 is if Blu ray wins out over hd dvd

i bought a wii twice and sold it...twice, i hit pro on all wii sports and got bored, literally every 3rd party game i rented for it made me insta sell it. Wii will be fine with all the suckers buying SNES NES games on their console in addition to 1st party. I might consider purchasing it a 3rd time if SSB rocks considering it was one of my favorite games of all time, but on the other hand id rather die than have to use that classic controller.

i got a 360 elite a week ago and already have 3 games and preordered halo3, as shown I am not the only person thats finally wised up and got the 360 this month and i would expect the 360 numbers to be good through the rest of the year.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:26 PM

Somewhat more related: The PSP is about to hit a huge turnaround. FFVII Crisis Core sold 50k units in its first week in Japan, and I can't fathom how many people are gonna buy a PSP just for this game in the states.

I learned my lesson from Dirge of Craperus so I may ignore it, but then I saw this on the first page of EGM and got chills:

Didn't know a remake was coming. Definitely one of my top 5. This might be the awesomest box art I've ever seen. [censored] Algus. Finally, multiplayer.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:19 PM

Finally bought a Wii - Circuit City has their bundle in stock right now, which is Wii + extra remote/nunchuk + 1 game out of 6 choices (I picked Mario Strikers).
Old 10-19-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Any official September sales numbers?

Summaries of the September sales numbers are all over the Internet (e.g., http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...LINE000019.htm )

The jist is that Halo 3 sold 3.3M copies in September and the Xbox 360 pushed 527k units compared to 501k for the Wii.

Anyone have the full top 10 lists?
Old 10-19-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Any official September sales numbers?

http://kotaku.com/gaming/npd/

Has all recent NPD articles by Kotaku. About half way down are the full numbers for NPD Sept. Also the various 'takes' by the different manufacturers.