Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Official August Sales Numbers (360 surges, PS3 plummets, Wii remai

[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't a better comparison be Mario Galaxy and Halo 3? Or is Brawl expected to outsell Mario?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I'm speculating. I expect both to outsell Metroid Prime 3, but I guess Mario Galaxy might outsell Smash Bros. I'd expect Smash Bros. to appeal more to the hardcore gamer market, since it has quite a fanbase of hardcore gamers already, and with it's multiplayer, it'll likely have better replay value. Galaxy might have a much broader appeal, though, and if the Wii can capitalize on the broad appeal market it already owns, Galaxy might fare better.
Old 09-18-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Official August Sales Numbers (360 surges, PS3 plummets, Wii remains)

[ QUOTE ]
A great month for the 360 with a massive jump in sales after the recent price cut and Bioshock. The Wii is still at the head of the next gen pack by a good margin, but it's getting close. The PS3 takes a relatively large step back on the second month of its 'price cut'/clearance sale. The same month Lair/Warhawk are both released - very bad news for it.

September sales will be interesting. Halo 3 is likely to swell 360 sales further. The PS3 really needs a boost. Heavenly Sword is released in September - could that provide it? And will the Wii remain dominant?

[/ QUOTE ]

If anything is going to 'save' the PS3 it's going to be MGS and I would be EXTREMELY suprised if sales increased before then. And for that matter I would be suprised if PS3 bashing anywhere subsides until MGS comes out.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A great month for the 360 with a massive jump in sales after the recent price cut and Bioshock. The Wii is still at the head of the next gen pack by a good margin, but it's getting close. The PS3 takes a relatively large step back on the second month of its 'price cut'/clearance sale. The same month Lair/Warhawk are both released - very bad news for it.

September sales will be interesting. Halo 3 is likely to swell 360 sales further. The PS3 really needs a boost. Heavenly Sword is released in September - could that provide it? And will the Wii remain dominant?

[/ QUOTE ]

If anything is going to 'save' the PS3 it's going to be MGS and I would be EXTREMELY suprised if sales increased before then. And for that matter I would be suprised if PS3 bashing anywhere subsides until MGS comes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

The PS3 already plays movies. I wouldn't think that the release of one more would impact sales that much.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:29 PM

^^^haha
Old 09-18-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Eternal Sonata?

Don't want to make a new thread. Anyone picking up Eternal Sonata this week? wtf with 1up hating everything lately? This seems like a pretty sweet JRPG by all other accounts. I'm gonna pick it up when I'm done with Halo. I think I'm gonna discount 1up's opinion on Blue Dragon (and any other JRPG) if this game turns out good.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Eternal Sonata?

[ QUOTE ]
Don't want to make a new thread. Anyone picking up Eternal Sonata this week? wtf with 1up hating everything lately? This seems like a pretty sweet JRPG by all other accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played the demo and thought it was quite fun, so I'll buy it as soon as it hits Gamestop. I've never really played any JRPGs before (I assume that refers to game like Final Fantasy?) but it looks [censored] awesome on my HDTV and it sounds like a really cool story/concept, so I'm down.

In other news, DIE SEARS I HATE YOU OMFFFFFGGGGGG!!!!! I finally find a Wii Tracker site that's like "oh yeah Sears has Wiis in stock" so I go to their website and it says they're in stock and I'm not that impressed cause I've seen this before only to be shut down and told they're actually out of stock like 2 clicks later.

However, this time they let me all the way through the checkout process, let me type in my credit card info, and only one obstacle stands between me and a Wii: The "process checkout" button.

So obviously I press it and get an error message that they're out of Wiis. [censored] YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Old 09-18-2007, 09:00 PM

Jesus Nintendo still isnt supplying the correct ammount of Wiis?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:40 PM

Even the [censored] Walmart bundle is a ripoff. Wii ($250) + extra remote/nunchuk ($60) + accessory of your choice ($20) + Mario Party 8 ($50) + 3 games of your choice ($150) adds up to $530, yet the combo costs $540. I thought these [censored] bundles were at least supposed you save you $20 or something while forcing you to buy [censored] you don't need, not rape you price-wise ON TOP of giving you [censored] you don't need.

(It's a pretty decent bundle content-wise, I just wouldn't buy Mario Party 8 on my own).

EDIT: Also, just bought Eternal Sonata, will report back with results.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:04 AM

WOW. The Eternal Sonata demo is AMAZING. Its exactly what i look for in a RPG. Im not sure if i will get it now though. PS3 version will have a ton of extras but wont come out until spring. Will i even play it with Halo 3 and Call of Duty 4 coming anyways? Argh and Mass Effect too.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:24 AM

Also planning on picking up Eternal Sonata. But I'm still finishing Blue Dragon - btw the demo does not do this game justice at ALL - and will also be picking up Halo 3, Mass Effect, Warriors Orochi and Beautiful Katamari. Toooo many games. Toys R Us is apparently having a 2 for 1 right now. Optimistically hoping they keep that going on for about one more month. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]