Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: Guess what - AA hand!

[ QUOTE ]
Knowing he open limped Q6 would probably have changed a few opinions [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

in this session he was playing a lot of trash hands for some reason <------- It's in the post [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2007, 06:21 PM

GRUNCH:

Given UTG's LAGiness, at least during this session, I'd be pretty inclined to raise the turn and call down from there.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, EP showed down Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and MP1 showed 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Draw your own conclusions! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, so UTG was actually betting with 2 pair on the turn, after limping pf with crap.

Good luck to you for rivering him, and for escaping Buzz's dont post results dog. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
totally depends on player tendencies and when the guy opened preflop. mostly you should not be playing Q6 against a preflop raiser, unless it's a blindsteal situation and your hand is suited. in that case, when his range is wide, yes, a flop c/r can be the best play when it is unlikely you are able to win any more out of his worst hands and you'd rather win the pot on the flop. think of JT vs your Q6 on A62. he bets the flop, you call, he should not be putting any bets in unimproved on the turn or river. so you might as well just c/r, get him to fold his outs, and move on. if the guy thinks you call too many flops, or if he just bets too many turns headsup, check calling the flop becomes a better play. saying the c/r "is pretty standard" is going overboard.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I tend to exaggerate

sorry ... I didn't mean that this is something that 'should' be done all the time by hero ... but 'is/can' be done all the time and should be considered when up against an aggressive opponent
Old 09-11-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
22/9/2.0 over large sample (!) ... **plus other info in post**

[/ QUOTE ]
wow ... that really, really odd ... maybe someone else is playing on his account??

[ QUOTE ]
Looking back now, away from the heat of the battle, it looks like an easy value bet/call at the end to me. it would be risky for him to try C/R line, since I'd most probably check behind without a King.

[/ QUOTE ]

from the hand action he checks the turn because he knows he is beat (you only have a couple of hands that you should be capping the flop and just calling that turn with) ...
I'm not too sure if you can think he calls most of the time on the river - and must balance out what hands he'll be calling with that you beat vs the amount of times this is sexy (IMO, i can see only two things here ... he's done with his hand, or he wants to [censored] with you)

**again, I'm probably giving the guy a little too much credit**

personally ... IMO, his 3bet doesn't look too bad ... you're flop bet is standard, then some retard that is stacking off c.r (well this guy could probably have a lot of stuff ... a lot of random crap) ... our friend 3bets to push you out (because you should be able to fold a lot of hand that currently crush him ... think QQ)

well - his plan backfires ... you cap (he thinks AA, AK, KK) ... then wammy he hits his Queen (he leads out ... maybe bet/folding? ... depending on how he thinks you play)

you just call ... he knows ... AA, AK ...

rivered King ... he's check folding easy

far the action so far in this hand, the guy doesn't look complete stupid ... maybe he is trying something new (perhaps he just read Killer Poker ... lol) ... maybe the guy is horny - or just came back from doing deadlifts at the gym (two sources that rev my game up a notch or two)
Old 09-11-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
escaping Buzz's dont post results dog. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually i think Zeldark made that image. if i'm wrong, buzz will surely let me know.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:12 PM

PointBlank, you misread the hand - he did not 3-bet the flop. He check-raised and then called the cap.

It's entirely possible someone was playing on his account, I did not think about it ... Or maybe just drunk off his arse. You'd never expect a guy with those stats to limp in UTG with Q2o in a pretty tight aggressive game.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PointBlank, you misread the hand - he did not 3-bet the flop. He check-raised and then called the cap.

It's entirely possible someone was playing on his account, I did not think about it ... Or maybe just drunk off his arse. You'd never expect a guy with those stats to limp in UTG with Q2o in a pretty tight aggressive game.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ... i don't know what to say [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

i didn't even notice the guy that called after you ... [censored] - i gots to lay of the caffine [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

i've let someone play on my account before (during the neteller days) ... told him i would give him the cash he won but he needs to give me cash up front (guy was a total retard ... probably helped my image for a week [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img])