Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Stop Annoying Titles

Joe is a dumbass for not going for it on 4th and 2 on OSU's 38.

Instead, they send OSU 18 yards back and they run out of the clock.

Worst. Decision. Ever.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:33 PM

Two things football teams SUCK at which they could easily be way better at...

1. NOT BLOCKING IN THE BACK ON KICKS. WTF? I mean seriously, almost 40-50% of the time there is a block in the back on kick returns. Is it really that freaking hard to not block the guy in the back? The refs watch this like hawks, jeez.

2. Failing to down the ball inside the 10 yard line. Coverage teams look like blind, clumsy fools when the ball hits inside the 10 and somehow rolls past 8 guys who are all stumbling or not looking.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

1. NOT BLOCKING IN THE BACK ON KICKS. WTF? I mean seriously, almost 40-50% of the time there is a block in the back on kick returns. Is it really that freaking hard to not block the guy in the back? The refs watch this like hawks, jeez.

2. Failing to down the ball inside the 10 yard line. Coverage teams look like blind, clumsy fools when the ball hits inside the 10 and somehow rolls past 8 guys who are all stumbling or not looking.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it happens so much maybe it isn't as easy as you think. Have you ever tried to down a punt inside the 10?
Old 10-27-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Another bad move to add to the list:

3. Refusing to go for it on 4th and short early in the game. Just because it is not the fourth quarter doesn't mean that you should not go for it on fourth and short inside your opponent's territory. If your chance of making it on 4th and 1 (or 2) is better than hitting a FG or downing the ball inside the 5 yard line, go for it dammit!
Old 10-27-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it happens so much maybe it isn't as easy as you think. Have you ever tried to down a punt inside the 10?

[/ QUOTE ]

These guys are amazing athletes, they can do it better. I think the key is these are both special teams related, and they practice special teams stuff significantly less.

And the punt from the 38-42 yard line thing, ya, that's so freaking retarded. This of course is on the coaches, not the players, but I've seen enough 18-20 yard punts to make my eyes bleed.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

These guys are amazing athletes, they can do it better. I think the key is these are both special teams related, and they practice special teams stuff significantly less.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats true, ST's are practiced a lot less. The problem then lies in coaching imo.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:57 PM

UCLA loses to WSU ?

gawd the pac ten is strange.

Hope Cal wakes up tonight.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: f;hgghsfsgdgjfdityrehvfadksbjv

[ QUOTE ]

Player management: horrible

My biggest beef with Meyer is the way he has allowed Tebow to be abused. Especially with all that talent you can hand the ball to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like today? IMO, the offense was the most diverse we have seen them all season. Perfect player management today. The in-game decisions have been poor at times, but that's not what I am quoting.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:00 PM

Urban Meyer is a good football coach.

That is all.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:02 PM

Also, Ryan Perriloux apparently got arrested tonight(again). Take it fwiw, though, not out in the news yet. Don't shoot the messenger.