Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Re: Wheeling Poker Room Review

[ QUOTE ]

I eventually got to play and here was the table setup:

Seat 1- A high board I BLUFF AND SHOW A 2! OH SNAP!
Seat 2- Really incredible internet pro who plays perfectly.
Seat 3- OESD = Nuts I'M ALL IN HCHCAHCAHCAHC
Seat 4- OMFG I FOLD EVERY HAND YOU'RE ALL SO SLOW GIMME ACES PLZZZZZ
Seat 5- I'll call you down with no pair, PAL. YER DEAD.
Seat 6- 90% VPIP, 89% PFR, 0% look at cards preflop (serious)
Seat 7- Okkkkk finneeee I'll calllllll
Seat 8- TIGHT! HORSE RACES LOL!
Seat 9- TIGHT!
Seat 10- Honestly don't even remember what he looked like because I don't think he played a hand in 3 hours.

Overall the game was really soft. The dealers weren't very bad at all but the floor seems kinda like a bunch of boneheads.

[/ QUOTE ]

So were you seat 4 or 5?
Old 11-17-2007, 12:07 PM

I went down last night, was a fun time. Anyone from Pittsburgh want to take a trip down sometime soon? PM me...
Old 11-18-2007, 02:35 PM

I drove up from Va and played all weekend. I didn't have any problems at all.. cage was fast, and jumped in 1-2NL each time I played.. 8amFri 6pmFri 11pm Fri. 3pm Sat... Although some players complained about my internet-style gaming. One told me to go back to ultimate bet.. LOL sucka
Old 11-18-2007, 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I drove up from Va and played all weekend. I didn't have any problems at all.. cage was fast, and jumped in 1-2NL each time I played.. 8amFri 6pmFri 11pm Fri. 3pm Sat... Although some players complained about my internet-style gaming. One told me to go back to ultimate bet.. LOL sucka

[/ QUOTE ]

That actually brings up a really good question - Can those of you who have played there talk about the type of play, level of player, skill, etc?

For instance, is the 4/8 game beatable if you play a-b-c poker? Do you have people calling with gutshots all the way? Is the 1/2NL game having 6 people call $15 pre flop?

I want some old, passive players!
Old 11-18-2007, 07:39 PM

well.. the 1/2 NL I was playing all weekend except for sat night might as well have been a 1/2/12 NL game.. thats basically what it was.. several pots looked as if it was a 2/4 or 5/10 game.. you would have the old locals go all in with Jack high and 50 dollar raises with A9 off suit in early position.. it was very all over the place but once you got settled in it was a very easy read on most people.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:29 AM

yeah. when i played it was nothing to see 6 or 7 people to a flop with a raise to $15. They just thought you were bluffing all the time. They wouldn't fold. All this would've been great if i could've gotten delt. :0) My boss brought back this story from this past weekend: There was a rainbow board with K-9-4. 3 players went all-in, 2 with weak K's and 1 with A9. Over $700 in this pot and it was taken down with K7. He was playing 1/2 NL, btw.
Old 11-18-2007, 06:33 PM

I believe a couple of my buddies and I are going to go down sometime this week. Just trying to find a good day to check it out... But I've got that Wheeling Feeling. I fully expect it to be horrid, and I'm leaning towards limit play, simply to rule out the "luckbox" factor.