Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:40 AM

Default Re: *****October LC Thread: LIMCASH is the new NLCASH*****

the downswing continues... same game

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Hero (t1470)
BB (t1530)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises to t60</font>, BB calls t40

Flop: (t130) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t80</font>, BB calls t80

Turn: (t290) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets t160</font>, BB calls t160

River: (t610) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Results in gray below:
<font color="#f7f7f7">BB has 8h, Ad (a full house, Aces full of Fives)</font>

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Hero (t1290)
BB (t1710)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises to t60</font>, BB calls t40

Flop: (t130) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: (t130) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets t80</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t260</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to t1650 (All-in)</font>, Hero calls t970 (All-in)

River: (t3090) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)

Results in gray below:
<font color="#f7f7f7">BB has Ac, 9h (a full house, Nines full of Threes)</font>
<font color="#f7f7f7">Hero has 3h, 8d (a full house, Threes full of Nines)</font>
Old 10-15-2007, 12:47 PM

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

Button (t1390)
Hero (t1610)

Preflop: Hero is BB with , .
Button calls t50, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to t300</font>, Button calls t200.

Flop: (t600) , , [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button bets t1090 (All-In)SLOOOOOOOOW ROOOLLLLLLL</font>, Hero calls t1090.

Turn: (t2780) (2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t2780) (2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t2780

Results in white below:
Hero has Kh Kd (three of a kind, kings).
Button has 7h 8s (one pair, sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins t2780. </font>
Old 10-15-2007, 01:44 PM

I dont ever slowroll but if I were to I wouldnt ever do it here. People have flushdraws here so often.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:46 PM

I would start a thread about this, but I don't want to see a math war happen again.

What bank-roll building strategy do you guys use? Maybe, I don't run right, but every single time I move up, I get smashed over the head with a sick 12+ bi downswing. Bankroll and ego crushing to be sure.

running 61% at the $5.
It wasn't until last week that I showed a profit at $10, and that is running 59% or so.
Then wow, I feel so frigging good that I make it to the twenties, only to see the sickest downswing ever, and now, I am back down the $5.... again!

I see the theory, and it don't make an iota of sense to me, but I figure the conclusions must me somewhat correct. Screw it, what is empirical evidence have to show? I have came to the realization that if I used the most ultra-conservative building strategy in the world, I would be much further along by now.

Not that I don't enjoy the math wars. I think it is entertaining that I have no idea what is being discussed, who is right or wrong, and that there is this huge hoopla over 2%.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:03 PM

Be a pussy and play extremely overrolled.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have came to the realization that if I used the most ultra-conservative building strategy in the world, I would be much further along by now.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only possible answer to the bankroll question is that you should play the highest level you're comfortable playing with your bankroll. Within reason, of course. Playing 5 buyins is probably too small, unless your winrate is closer to like 63 or 65%, which not many players can sustain.

But comfort level and confidence have such a huge effect heads-up, that feeling like you get destroyed if you move up too soon is likely to be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

There have been oodles of posts on the issue, so without going into too much detail I'll just say that statistically speaking, you're passing up on a *ton* of potential value if you wait for much more than 10 buyins to move up, and that your risk of ruin is reasonably small as long as you're willing to move back down at the appropriate times.

However, I firmly believe that, especially heads up, psychology significantly outweighs statistics.

Personally, I've been using a 7-10 buyin strategy for anything less than $50s, and haven't moved up to $50s until I hit 12 or 13 buyins, but my results have been all over the place. I'll have a few 10-12 game sessions where I win 75-90% followed by 24 game sessions where I only win 33%, followed by 40-50 game sessions where I win just under 55%, and just barely manage to show a profit.

:/
Old 10-15-2007, 03:03 PM

Part of this was about that 7 bi strategy you were using. Self-fulfilling prophecy maybe.... I don't know, I know I keep a good wr all along the board, and that is all I can say. I haven't used it yet, but I have converted over to the 10 BI strat to no difference. Just seems like the poker gods are smashing me with larger swings. In that post about this, even you said it is abnormal to go through regular 6+ downswings if you are at 58%. I go through this about every 30 games, and have had at least 4 10+ bi downers in the past 250 games. If I am not running normal, then I can safely imply that I should not change anything, but if I am running normal, then I have to change something, whether it is my building strategy, or it is a tilt issue, which is not the case, because I invariably loose to five outers. Well, okay, I guess I am losing my touch. It used to be that I always caught them with three outs.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:28 PM

Wooooo. I just discovered a leak in my game. Yeech.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont ever slowroll but if I were to I wouldnt ever do it here. People have flushdraws here so often.

[/ QUOTE ]

i actually did not slowroll but i wish i did cus villan was a jurk
Old 10-15-2007, 03:42 PM

Why would you ever slowroll? It is so stupid. Villain is tilted because he lost a pot, no need to add a slowroll effect to it.
Closed Thread