Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2006, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Albert Pujols

Jim,

I suggest you stop the Albert dickriding before you make me dislike him.

Thank you,

Jack of Arcades
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 05-18-2006, 02:17 AM

Default Re:

[ QUOTE ]
Joe Buck made a statement that Albert is even more valuable in the clubhouse than on the field. With his work ethic and attitude I don't doubt that statement. He is really the glue that holds that team together. The Cardinals have FAR less talent than the Yankees and Red Sox.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is correct, but those who are not fortunate enough to follow the Cards have no idea
Old 05-18-2006, 02:58 AM

Was Pujols more valuable to his team? Probably. Was he better than Derrek Lee last year? No.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(on barry bonds): "It’s really sad the life that he’s leading. I look at myself and I never want to lead a life like that. If I have to lead a life like that, I’d better quit this game. Because that’s not what it’s all about. It’s about God and my family and my family comes before this game.”

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy misquote Batman!

I heard the interview on sports radio, and it wasn't anything NEAR what you quoted above.

Do you have a source claiming Pujols supposedly said those things in yesterday's interview? I'd love to know what source is blatantly changing words around.

Here is an excerpt from ESPN on what Pujols *actually* said regarding Bonds:

"People talk. That's their job, to write something stupid without finding out," he said. "Like Barry, people are talking about him and they haven't found anything out about the guy. They're talking about making the guy a bad guy. Prove the point first and then you can write anything about it. But before, leave the guy alone."
Old 05-18-2006, 05:08 PM

"Wow, that Albert sure is a nice guy, I really like having him in the clubhouse, I think I'll go 3-for-3 today!"
Old 05-19-2006, 12:33 AM

Location: /goggles fill up with tears / oh crap hold on can\'t see anything
Default Re:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Joe Buck made a statement that Albert is even more valuable in the clubhouse than on the field. With his work ethic and attitude I don't doubt that statement. He is really the glue that holds that team together. The Cardinals have FAR less talent than the Yankees and Red Sox.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is correct, but those who are not fortunate enough to follow the Cards have no idea

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that the cardinals have far less talent than the red sox or yankees. i do not agree that pujols's effect on the clubhouse is worth 12 wins a season, unless he's the one who casts the voodoo on the cardinals, allowing their pitching to lead the league in luck every year.

reading about how clubhouse chemistry causes teams to win reminds me of the argument that having your running back go for 100 yards is a critical ingredient in winning a football game. when a team wins, the clubhouse gets along a lot better. when a team is winning in football, they run more to chew up the clock. determining which is the cause and which is the effect is not rocket science.

i remember hearing reports of how milton bradley had turned himself around in 2004. as near as i can tell, the only difference is that the dodgers had a good year. a.j. pierzynski's rep as a clubhouse cancer suddenly disappeared last year. why?
Old 05-19-2006, 12:39 AM

Default Re:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

joe buck is only slighly less retarded than tim mccarver.

the fact that the cards put up simaler (or better) records than NY or boston has nothing to do with pujols and everthing to do with playing in a weaker leauge.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:31 AM

Default Re:

and having a much better defense.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:37 PM

Default Re:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

joe buck is only slighly less retarded than tim mccarver.

the fact that the cards put up simaler (or better) records than NY or boston has nothing to do with pujols and everthing to do with playing in a weaker leauge.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops, could drive a truck thru the hole in that statement [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

repost:

[ QUOTE ]

the fact that the cards put up simaler (or better) records than NY or boston has nothing to do with pujols's clubhouse presence and everthing to do with playing in a weaker leauge.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-19-2006, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Wow, that Albert sure is a nice guy, I really like having him in the clubhouse, I think I'll go 3-for-3 today!"

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Basically sums up my feelings on this "intangible" [censored].