Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Hows this one? Stud8 30/60

If anyone cares, i continue to tear apart the 30/60 games :-), up 4000 in about 5 days of play. Personally these games seem alot easier than the 10/20 or even 5/10, a few good players but some really bad donks who really don't mind jamming themselves in with marginal hands.

Anyways, hows the raise on 4th? i really don't know if i should've just called here, i wanted the king in but he most likely wouldve folded to one bet and i wanted to cap the 29 in

7 Card Stud High-Low ($30/$60), Ante $5, Bring-In $10 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 2: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 7: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (9.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds

5th Street - (7.50 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (10.50 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls

River - (14.50 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

Total pot: (14.50 BB)
Old 08-27-2007, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Hows this one? Stud8 30/60

I think your thinking is flawed on 4th. I think you want the K out, that way you might be able to steal half of the pot if you back into a pair or something against the other two that appear to be going low. I like the way you played the hand though
Old 08-27-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your thinking is flawed on 4th. I think you want the K out, that way you might be able to steal half of the pot if you back into a pair or something against the other two that appear to be going low. I like the way you played the hand though

[/ QUOTE ]

Including betting 6th into a possibly made better low and 4-flush with really live spades?
Old 08-27-2007, 10:46 PM

The other guy checked 5th so flush draw low draw seems quite unlikely.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The other guy checked 5th so flush draw low draw seems quite unlikely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't he also check 5th because Hero is showing a third baby whereas he's still drawing to his low? I don't understand why we'd bet into him on 6th when he could very easily be freerolling us, especially when doesn't seem at all imperative to have him raise and drive out the 29J.

Having a set + low draw is nice and all but I see Hero getting scooped a heck of a lot more often than scooping.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:01 PM

howmany, btw, are you art of ace or beef curtains?
Old 08-28-2007, 12:44 AM

i agree with mscags as usual, you want to raise 4th for value vs the 29 and also to get the K out. but i think i like checking 6th more than betting. the rest of the hand is completely standard.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:36 AM

Check sixth, but I like the rest of it.