Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 04:39 PM

Default Negreanu lumps Raymer w/ Moneymaker & Gold

So today's Las Vegas Sun has a poker article on Joe Hachem winning the Doyle Brunson - what I thought was most interesting however, was Daniel throwing Raymer under the 'novice' bus...

"Actually the (recent) World Series of Poker winners in general, you look at them and you're like OK, Moneymaker, Raymer, Gold, you think OK these guys can't play, and the general consensus is that these guys got lucky," Negreanu said.

"But you know, with Joe, he actually plays like a pro. The other three don't. The other three are kind of like flash-in-the-pan types..."

This seems like he's taking a direct shot at Greg to me. Thought it may be good fodder for NVG.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:42 PM

Default Re: Negreanu lumps Raymer w/ Moneymaker & Gold

Agree @ Moneymaker & Gold. Disagree with Raymer, he's a smart guy and a capable player, he's had a long standing history of success in trnys from his days as an attorney and has made monies since his WSOP win. Even finished 2nd in the Stars Sunday Million.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:43 PM

Obviously Raymer shouldn't be lumped in with the other two...hence the point of posting it. Why would Daniel say that?
Old 01-03-2007, 04:44 PM

Sounds like a continuation of the argument which came about around the time of the WSOP over the WPT lawsuit Greg was inolved in.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:45 PM

Oh I know,

Jealousy? Tilt from his huge golf losses? Tired of Negreanus holier than thou attitude, he doesn't pull it off as well as say a Phil Hellmuth who (by all accounts) seems to be a class guy outside poker. Danny seems to be awfully judgmental and hardheaded.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:47 PM

After watching HSP, I lump Negreanu in with the average NL50 player on Stars. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-03-2007, 04:49 PM

Maybe DN liked Raymer until Raymer got way out of line with over the top insults all over pokerstars? I dunno
Old 01-03-2007, 04:50 PM

If Gold had run well enough to win at Bellagio, Negreanu would be saying the same thing about him.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:52 PM

Ribsauce, you know its a no-win argument on this site.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So today's Las Vegas Sun has a poker article on Joe Hachem winning the Doyle Brunson - what I thought was most interesting however, was Daniel throwing Raymer under the 'novice' bus...

"Actually the (recent) World Series of Poker winners in general, you look at them and you're like OK, Moneymaker, Raymer, Gold, you think OK these guys can't play, and the general consensus is that these guys got lucky," Negreanu said.

"But you know, with Joe, he actually plays like a pro. The other three don't. The other three are kind of like flash-in-the-pan types..."

This seems like he's taking a direct shot at Greg to me. Thought it may be good fodder for NVG.

[/ QUOTE ]

The more i see DN and read/ listen to what he has to say the more he comes off like a bitter jerk. Maybe im reading him wrong ? i dont know what he has to be bitter about. But thats just my "read" on him. And everytime i hear him say something it just cements my thoughts on him.
That said, bitter attention seeking jerk or not i love to watch him play poker.