Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2006, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Four hands: played well, or not so much?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yes, I think it's safe to fold to the 3-bet. When you are running bad, a calldown is standard, but here villain says he can beat AA, so you are drawing to 2 outs 90% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's what I thought. I just didn't want to believe he had a 4 and I was sure he didn't have AA. I suck at the poker [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I knew I should fold but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

That hand bothers me a lot because I put in a lot of money while behind which is unusual for me. I usually get my money in good then get sucked out on. I find it distressing when I start putting in money bad in addition to losing when I put it in good.

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

oops, actually I should probably have re-read the hand there. I thought you had AQ in this hand and thought it was the BB donk/3betting you. My bad. I don't really blame you for calling down here. He could have a naked Q here if he's a bit cookoo for coco puffs. It's very difficult to put a PFR on a 4, so don't feel bad for calling down or raising the turn.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am down over 400 bets in the last 60,000 hands. I am clearly a losing player in this game, now, but I have no [censored] clue why.
SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

How many tables are you playing at the same time? If you are multi tabling then I think it's quite easy to just fall into an automatic style of play, where one does not develop good reads on ones opponents and instead rely mainly on HUD stats. I think the general level of most peoples play (particularily pre flop) is gradually improving, and so to be successful long term one needs to rely less on tracking software stats and more on how our opponents actually play. Perhaps you should try reducing the amount of tables you play at and really concentrate how your opponents actually play and see if this makes if a difference. If you start winning again, then slowly add more tables if you continue to win.
Old 07-17-2006, 01:32 PM

I agree with the kitty killer.
This post seems more of a sympathy post and an emotional vent. (not that I blame u 400BB is harsh)

The only differences that I would have done, would have lost you more money..

Hand #1 Bet TT for value, and liekly get called by a likely AK or AQ

Hand #2 Played perfect

Hand #3 I generally call, then raise the turn.

Hand #4 I call the 3 bet, then raise the turn.

Most of these hands your oppenents played strangely in one street or another. Dont lay down great hands, in medium-large pots heads up when your opponent is saying he has a hand that it doesnt make much sense for him to hold...
Unless he is very passive and you have many hands on him.

Good luck man, you probabily have leaks but these arent it.
The only trend I see in these hands is you didnt extract maximum value when you are likely ahead (which turns out you were behind). But you missed out on a very small amount (fraction of a small bet).
Old 07-18-2006, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How many tables are you playing at the same time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally play 4-6 tables, depending on what games are going. I have already tried cutting back on thenumber of tables, but it doesn't seem to help. I still seem to plummet steadily toward BUSTO.

SpaceAce
Old 07-18-2006, 12:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the kitty killer.
This post seems more of a sympathy post and an emotional vent. (not that I blame u 400BB is harsh)

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it's really not. Obviously, I am upset that I keep losing but I don't want hugs or sympathy. The reason I posted these hands is because I am finding myself in these situation CONSTANTLY. Losing this way seems to be where all my money is going, so I assume that I must have some problems in my game when faced with these situations.

[ QUOTE ]

Hand #1 Bet TT for value, and liekly get called by a likely AK or AQ

Hand #2 Played perfect

Hand #3 I generally call, then raise the turn.

Hand #4 I call the 3 bet, then raise the turn.

The only trend I see in these hands is you didnt extract maximum value when you are likely ahead (which turns out you were behind). But you missed out on a very small amount (fraction of a small bet).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's precisely why I posted these, to see if I am winning the most and losing the least at appropriate times.

SpaceAce
Old 07-18-2006, 12:41 AM

Space,

I feel the same way right now. Things will turn around eventually, although it doesn't seem like it. I'm on my bro's account right now, but you can PM Big Poppa Smurf if you want to talk about it, or just feel like complaining to someone.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm worried about #1. Both your reply and the next one say it's a clear bet but I just knew he had a Jack. I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT, because they ALWAYS have a Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]
SpaceAce, you only knew it because you've been running poorly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I think you're right that I should have bet, I no longer think I am running bad. I just don't believe anyone can lose this much for this long without sucking at poker. So, I need to figure out where I've started leaking chips.

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]
Time to make a video.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I am down over 400 bets in the last 60,000 hands. I am clearly a losing player in this game, now, but I have no [censored] clue why.
SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

How many tables are you playing at the same time? If you are multi tabling then I think it's quite easy to just fall into an automatic style of play, where one does not develop good reads on ones opponents and instead rely mainly on HUD stats. I think the general level of most peoples play (particularily pre flop) is gradually improving, and so to be successful long term one needs to rely less on tracking software stats and more on how our opponents actually play. Perhaps you should try reducing the amount of tables you play at and really concentrate how your opponents actually play and see if this makes if a difference. If you start winning again, then slowly add more tables if you continue to win.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is something I've done recently, moving from 4 down to 2 after a terrible downswing in June at 5/10. It's really helped. Great advice.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is something I've done recently, moving from 4 down to 2 after a terrible downswing in June at 5/10. It's really helped. Great advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.. Also, what site are you playing on SpaceAce? I'm sure you've heard it before but table selection is key, and at alot of the smaller sites (rakeback/bonus oriented), being 400bb down over 60k wouldn't be considered too bad.

I'm assuming your downswing is at 5/10?
Old 07-18-2006, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Great advice.